Quest Bars????

Options
so i have heard these are the bars to eat for weight loss. however the ones i have tried taste disgusting but most people only rave about how amazing they are. Anyone else feel this way??

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I eat them to get protein - not for weight loss. They are a different texture to get used to. Microwaving them for 10-15 seconds helps. The brownie ones are pretty yummy to me.

They're not magic though. They don't make you lose weight. They help get your protein in if you're not getting enough from other sources.
  • Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love them. I love that they are not too sweet. I don't eat them to lose weight though. I use them as meal replacements when I can't get real food.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    they come so highly recommended on this forum, i went and got one of each flavor at GNC. They were all the most disgusting protein bar I've ever had, and I've had some pretty disgusting protein bars. If rubber cement and pencil shavings is palatable to some, more power to them. They just aren't for me. Eiw.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Like pp said, it's not for weight loss, it's just a good way of eating some protein while having something sweet. There are a lot of flavors though, some I love, some I don't like at all, but they don't taste as good as others more candy-like protein bars, IMO.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat protein bars for breakfast. I'm not a huge fan of Stevia, which is used as the sweetener in Quest bars (or at least the few flavors I've tried). Double chocolate (or something like that) wasn't too bad. Cinnamon roll was vile. I might give other flavors a try, but I'm thinking of sticking with Think Thin bars. Same protein, sadly less fiber, but no Stevia.
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I am looking at a wrapper of one right now--it says "protein bar"--not "weight loss bar" or "meal replacement bar." So like the posters above, they would be eaten to help supplement your protein intake.

I actually bought some just this past weekend, and have found them to be great for me personally because they are low on the glycemic index (helping with some of my morning a.m. post-workout refueling).
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    so i have heard these are the bars to eat for weight loss. however the ones i have tried taste disgusting but most people only rave about how amazing they are. Anyone else feel this way??

Coming from snickers... yeah they taste bad. Coming from many meals of grilled chicken breast every day... they taste pretty good.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    stick them in the microwave for 12 seconds...then add some crunchy almond butter (or even some nutella if nobody is looking). I wont say they're delicious, but that sure makes them a lot better!
  • _Calypso_
    _Calypso_ Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Quest Bars!

They are not for 'weight loss' - they are to get extra protein in your diet and they don't have all the added crap like other protein bars.

Some flavors are not that great - I agree. But try them all and you may find a couple winners.

Cookie Dough
    Raspberrry CheeseCake
    Vanilla Almond Crunch
    Coconut Cashew

Those are my faves. Some, like Brownie, needs to be put in the microwave for about 3sec. No more than 5sec - they do explode. Not that that ever happened to me or anything. LOL
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Where do they sell these?????
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lisa, they sell them at almost every fitness store and most grocery stores.

Personally, I prefer the cliff builder bars. Keep in mind that protein bars are supplements. Find one that you like that fits in your caloric goals and your good. One bar isn't really better than the next.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I got a box cookie dough in my cubicle as an extra snack when I need some extra fuel to make it through the day

I got a buy 1 box, get 1 box from GNC in-store yesterday!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Cookie dough has been the best I've tried so far but they are not for weight loss. They are to help hit macronutrients (particularly protein and fiber) . I find for the calories and taste, they are the best.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Quest Bars!

They are not for 'weight loss' - they are to get extra protein in your diet and they don't have all the added crap like other protein bars.

Some flavors are not that great - I agree. But try them all and you may find a couple winners.

Cookie Dough
    Raspberrry CheeseCake
    Vanilla Almond Crunch
    Coconut Cashew

Those are my faves. Some, like Brownie, needs to be put in the microwave for about 3sec. No more than 5sec - they do explode. Not that that ever happened to me or anything. LOL

You must have an awesome microwave because I've gone to 30 sec without explosions. My microwave is old though..
  • markheusser
    markheusser Posts: 26 Member
    Options

you obviously have not had chocolate chip cookie dough.
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Mixed Berry for the win!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks...I will have to get me some!
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I was overall disappointed with Quest bars. The flavors all sound delicious, but I found very few of them tasty. I would suggest like the others have said to put them in the microwave, it does help.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I had never heard of these before now. I just looked it up, holy crap. They actually look pretty impressive. The protein is decent (Isolate), strong amount of carbs, healthy fats. The only issue is that it is going to be pretty calorie dense. Meaning, one of their bars is about 200calories, so if your not careful, you could over do your caloric limit for the day by eating either too many etc.

I would strongly advise against using the microwave, just spend some time and see exactly what the microwave does to food!
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't like when ingredient labels read "Natural" or "Artificial" ingredients... :( I'm still going to get some to check out. I don't care how they taste. I don't expect weight loss to taste good, I expect it to feel and look good!