Are you a cheater?

Options

Replies

• MorganBody
    Options
    I'm going to allow myself 1500 calories,I don't want to slow down my weightless just for a holiday.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm going IN! I don't want to make myself sick from eating, but I'm not going to count calories that day. I'm just gonna enjoy it. Thanksgiving comes only once a year :) Then I'll do it again on christmas. huehueheu
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Since I'm not on a diet I don't worry about cheating. I eat ALL the foods, just in moderation and some days I go over my calories and some days I don't.

I plan on enjoying all the splendid foods on Thanksgiving this year, but oh wait, I enjoy all the splendid foods everyday.
  • SkinnyMarni3
    SkinnyMarni3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Definitely Christmas, we are spending it in Disneyland Paris and eating at a Disney restaurant, it will be a buffet... So pretty impossible to stay within my budget; if not impossible!
    But I will try to go for the healthy yummy food, and I will burn quite some calories from walking and queuing all day for the 3 days I will be there! :p
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    One day - one meal specifically - doesn't mean cheating on your diet. ONE MEAL doesn't negate a diet, cause weight gain, etc.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I expect to go over come christmas, thanksgiving was actually totally reasonable.

It won't be so bad around christmas time if I can actually keep myself from eating the massive piles of baked goods that I always bake to give to friends and neighbors.

As far as the actual holiday celebrations/big family gatherings go, it's never as bad as I think it's going to be since several members of my extended family have very, very specific dietary needs and those of us who cook and bake always make sure to take that into account when preparing meals and treats for family gatherings so even the baked goods are like date cake (baha date cake).
  • loconnor466
    loconnor466 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love that most of you don't consider it "cheating" and that most of you will be celebrating. Like others here, I plan on eating a little more moderately, going to jazzercise in the am and hoping for a walk after dinner. I am also hosting for 20 people and the dishes will all be a lot lighter with more healthy veggie dishes. I still plan on logging in, can't just log in on your best days!
    And yes, I will be indulging in cocktails, my daughters are making a fall sangria!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    HELL YES!!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I won't be counting calories, but I'm going to eat strategically. I'm going to eat everything I enjoy, but start with the nice lean and filling turkey and any roast veggies I want. Then I'll move to the stuffing w/ gravy, the corn pudding, and the pineapple bake. I should be more than satisfied with smaller portions, since I took the edge off first. But if I'm not, then I'm not and I'll get some more.

I'll follow with pie. Probably a small piece, 'cause I'll be full. Or maybe it'll be pie for dinner. That works, too.
  • EntitledPearl
    Options
    I have only been in on the true fitness lifestyle change this year ( and with great discipline the last 2.5 months) so the holidays are a source of focus for me... I haven't decided what I will eat yet since even in moderation its WAY different than what I am eating now.... I'm kind of on paleo minus a few things. Some one said it on an earlier post.... I concerned about how this body will react. Thanks for the question!
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do plan to eat what I want, however, I will be going to the gym in the morning and at night to try to balance the calories out.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Nope, just going to make it my main meal for the day, and get some extra exercise in. Not going to hang around in the kitchen right next to all the yummies, either. I don't do 'cheating', just making it count as part of my calories.
  • SonyaRu
    Options
    Awesome post! You have given me a way of escape....I plan on cooking and that will account for something but what I think I will do is work out for an hour each day the week of and after turkey day...makes sense to if you ask me. I better stay at about 3000 calories and try to get everyone to dance an hour after dinner for at least 45 mins.... howz that for fit-fun lol
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    It's not cheating, because it's not a diet. I plan to aim for 10,000 calories, at least 5000 of that coming from Pie. If the Packers lose then I might aim for 15,000.

Rigger
  • SonyaRu
    Options
    Nice!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My diet includes extra calories for holidays and occasions, so no. No cheating here.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet and they aren't cheat days. Holidays/celebrations are just part of life. Life doesn't always fit in the same tidy little box.

I plan on eating ALL the foods and working out as I normally would. It's a couple days a year. Not a big deal.

That's it ;) Besides, I can't pack it in like I used to so as long as I don't eat until my tummy is sore it will be just fine ;)
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I base me calories on the week, not the day, so it'll all even out. 14,000 per week has me losing 1.5 pounds. I'll probably eat 5000 calories that day between 2 family get-togethers, so I'll cut it down to 1800 or so calories starting sunday and I should still lose a pound for the week instead of 1.5.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    My holidays now basically is me making 1 plate of foods. I love the candied yams, then a nice portion of meat (turkey or ham), and a section of more veggies. So basically 1/3 of my plate is each. That's it. I am normally full after that and will eat some dessert but not giant portions. I don't think of it is as a cheat meal though as typically that 1 meal is my lunch/dinner on that day.
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    i plan to eat whatever! I'll work it off!