Twenty "Pound" Somethings Week 2

Options

Replies

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome newcomers!! Well, we're out for a good, long power walk along the ocean. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Usually it's about 700 cals or more. Yay!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Oh wow - so, this recipe kick I'm on is really really fabulous. My turkey meatloaf is in the oven and smells AMAZING. I'm making yam fries at the same time and I think I'm going to start licking the walls lol :tongue:

How has everyone's day been??
  • dthughes
    dthughes Posts: 39
    Options
    My day has been Amazing. I had to make it a good one. I have minor surgery tomorrow so I will be down and out for about a day maybe two.

Send me the recipe.... Sounds like it smells really good.

Tina

65795.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Well GOOD morning and happy Wednesday!!!! Here's the meal plan for me today:

Breakfast:
    1 c. Multigrain Cheerios with 1/2 c. milk, 1 med. banana, 1 c. cut strawberries, 8 oz. Diet Cran-grape Juice, 1 multivitamin.

AM Snack:
    Soft-baked Kashi TLC Glackberry Graham bar, 2 c. coffee, 2 tbsp. Sugar Free Vanilla caramel creamer

Lunch:
    Whole wheat bagel with Fat free cream cheese, 14 baby carrots, diet coke, AE Yo Lite yogurt.

Afternoon Snack:
    1 med. apple, 100 cal. pack of almonds (I didn't end up eating either of these yesterday and instead had sherbert and cool whip later in the evening), and a Nature Valley Pecan Crunch granola bar.

Dinner:
    1 c. Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich ( 2 sl. Village Hearth Wheat Bread with 2 sl. Fat Free American cheese and I can't believe it's not butter spray).

PM Snack:
    Probably Sherbert and Cool Whip Free...tends to be my evening snack. But again...always depends on calories remaining.

Exercise plan--1/2 hour running on treadmill, 1 hour Body Pump

So...things are going well. Friday will be my hard day this week because we're throwing a surprise 21st for a friend and we're doing a big BBQ potluck and then we have a party bus to take us to the bars. AND since I'm kinda helping throw the thing and she's one of my best friends, I have to stay for the whole thing. SO...I know I will end up going over since I won't have a chance to get to the gym that day...I've been so good that it SUCKS knowing I will go over my calories for the day! But...it is only one day. And since I probably won't be up to make it to morning Spinning the next day, I am planning on going to the gym later in the morning and running. Hopefully I don't see a gain over the weekend. :sad: Just a little scared if you can't tell.

Anyways...I'd like to wish you all a GREAT day!!!! Make good choices!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!:drinker:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good morning all----
    should be a good day...let's say that again..it WILL be a good day. the scale says it will be. went a little over board on veggiesat dinner last night. i had 2 cups of squeash and zuccini and onions, sauted. it was just so good.
    have a great day. chipper
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone:flowerforyou:
    Is it too late to join in?? I was looking for a challenge and then forgot to check my thread:tongue:

Here are my stats-
    Week 1-223
    Week 2-221.5
    Goal to lose by 13 weeks- 22 lbs *To be in "Onderland"

So far today I have only had a coffee but will update again later:wink:
    I can't wait to get to know everyone!!:flowerforyou:
  • lietee
    lietee Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    well i guessmy post never made it in last time. I am aiming to be at 129 lbs in the next 13 weeks.

fst week i weighed 149lbs
    this week i weigh 147.5 lbs
    weekly loss 1.5 lbs
    till my goal = 18.5 more lbs and 12 weeks to go
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    Good Morning,

You may know that I am scared of the scale in fact I hate it and all I have been doing is measuring. Well since this thread I want to jump on the scale and weigh in with you guys. A little recap, I have lost 24.5” all over and 15 pounds. The 15 pounds came off pretty easy and steady at 2 pounds a week. But for the last 6 weeks I haven’t seen a weight change. So yesterday after my workout I jumped on the scale and I was 1 pound bellow my plateau weight that I have been at for 6 weeks. I was so excited and I thought finally I broke the plateau and I am loosing again. Well dummy me got on the scale this morning thinking I would have lost even more weight since I weighed myself at the worst time yesterday and I was 2 pounds heavier! I am busting butt on my calorie intake, my workouts and my inches lost but I want so bad for that scale to go down too. I want to see that progress and not still be the heaviest I have ever been. After that rant…..
    Breakfast - oatmeal and coffee
    Snack
    Lunch – lean pocket and snacks
    Snack
    Dinner – Turkey Burger
    Dessert
    Exercise - 45 min hiking, 1 hour bike ride.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    country--if that is all you are eating? you aren't eating enough that may be the problem. you need to at least get 1200 calories a day. you are exercising almost 2 hours you need fuel. i would try uping my calorie intake for a few days and see what happens.
    good luck, chipper
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    Oh that was just a random note of what I know I am going to eat for the day there will be more. I definitely eat all my calories and exercise calories to a fault. As hard as it is at times. That’s why I am confused. And I know muscle weights more than fat but I still want my weight to go down as well. Confused!
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Well, after a sad morning yesterday after seeing a 4 lb. gain (I'm still wondering how in the world that happened)...well, this morning the scale reads 156 even though I started off at 155....hmm...i took my calories yesterday way down & I'm not going to be eating my exercise calories any longer (I know you all will advise me against this but I find my appetite gets out of control & I don't think I should be eating 2800 calories a day under any circumstances)

Started off the morning with an english muffin, lunch will be broccoli with shrimp, dinner I'm going to a movie so I'll call dinner a movie theatre treat or sushi beforehand...not a wise day of eating I know, but I'll make up for it.

good luck today!
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Good Morning!
    Well, after a sad morning yesterday after seeing a 4 lb. gain (I'm still wondering how in the world that happened)...well, this morning the scale reads 156 even though I started off at 155....hmm...i took my calories yesterday way down & I'm not going to be eating my exercise calories any longer (I know you all will advise me against this but I find my appetite gets out of control & I don't think I should be eating 2800 calories a day under any circumstances)

Started off the morning with an english muffin, lunch will be broccoli with shrimp, dinner I'm going to a movie so I'll call dinner a movie theatre treat or sushi beforehand...not a wise day of eating I know, but I'll make up for it.

good luck today!

For those 4 lbs to be "real" ie fat and not just water weight, you would have had to consume 14,000 calories above your MAINTENANCE calories in that period of time.

Switching your calories around is one of the ways to challenge your metabolism, but not eating your exercise calories (as you know) is a recipe for disaster. I've had days where I've worked out to the tune of 1600 calories so I've had a total of around 2800 calories to eat and I space it out and try to do it. So far it has served me very well and the fact is that it's a numbers game and if you starve your body you'll lose the game every time.

I know you knew this was coming but even still it must be said. And we all know how frustrating it is when the scale is uncooperative but patience will see you through! :flowerforyou:
  • melgirl1120
    melgirl1120 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    How is everyone this evening??

I have been trying to fit in some excercise and I did it today:bigsmile: I started the walk away the pounds dvd, Now I am :yawn:

So far today I have had -
    BF-weight watcher english muffin
    lunch- lean pocket
    Dinner-baked ham, mashed potato's, carrots and a salad(I can't wait to eat..lol)

before the past few weeks of working( just started a job after being a stay at home mom for 10 years) and bing here on MFP I was a snacker, now not so much:bigsmile: I still need my WW sundae every now and then though!!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Well...home from a good workout and just ate dinner. I still have almost 500 calories remaining for the evening! Argh!!!:grumble: I don't know how I'm going to eat these! But I will try!!!

I'll check back tomorrow! Have a GREAT evening friends!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Koozy81
    Koozy81 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    oops...so forgot to check in yesterday!! work is just slammed....okay:

DOWN 4 LBS in one week....so how am I?? frickin excited! (knock on wood!) alrighty

Start Weight: 168
    Current: 164
    Goal: 148

Still to Go; 16 lbs in 12 weeks. (till i see him! <3 )
    which means its alittle over a pound a week...cake (hopefully!)

get outta here plateau....dont even THINK about it!

good luck girls....sending you all good joojoo!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I am down two pounds. I started at 162.4 and today was 160.2. I was happy with that b/c I had a major binge weekend due to my son's bday and another party. Hopefully this week will go a little better.

All ready rode my bike 12.2 miles this morning.

See, my shock theory at work again! :tongue:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    How is everyone this evening??

I have been trying to fit in some excercise and I did it today:bigsmile: I started the walk away the pounds dvd, Now I am :yawn:
    I love walk away the pounds!! Perfect for the rainy days when I cant get outside to do exercises! I also have an ab core/cardio strengthening dvd with the ball I do as well on walk away the pounds days!!

Yuck, today was a BAD day for me :frown: I had to register for class and I had to wait in line for over 2 hours...WITH my almost 4 year old, and it was nap time.. ARGH! So I had half a protein bar for breakfast and some water (on my way to the college while i was driving) then I just wanted something bad for lunch- I had Subway..got a footlong tuna on wheat with all the veggies cept pickles no mayo or anything just a lil vinegar and ate 6 inches of it.. was pretty full til dinner, then I realized I had no salad stuff!! So I ate 1/2 of the left over sub..and now I feel :sad: My stomach is killing me.. I knew I was being bad by getting tuna but man, I physically feel bad! Guess that will teach me!!

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dthughes
    dthughes Posts: 39
    Options
    Ummmmm. Didn't really get to eat my cal. today. I had my wisdom teeth pulled... yep... all four.

So lets see. I ate, slim fast, yogart, pudding and tomato soup.

I am hoping to feel a little better tomorrow. My mom is watching the little one so I am hoping that I will feel up to doing a little walking instead a sleeping.

Keep up the Great work everyone and have a GREAT Thursday.

Tina
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Ummmmm. Didn't really get to eat my cal. today. I had my wisdom teeth pulled... yep... all four.

So lets see. I ate, slim fast, yogart, pudding and tomato soup.

I am hoping to feel a little better tomorrow. My mom is watching the little one so I am hoping that I will feel up to doing a little walking instead a sleeping.

Keep up the Great work everyone and have a GREAT Thursday.

Tina

Hope you recover quickly!:flowerforyou:

I'm heading to bed now and definitely have almost 400 calories remaining...but I am SO full. But I think it's okay because I have been doing really good at eating all my calories lately, so I think one day won't hurt. Plus I know I will go over on Friday (see earlier posts). So...Good night friends! I'll check back tomorrow!!!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning all;
    dt--hope your mouth feels better...
    kistin--hope you sleep well...
    katy--hope today is better for you
    banks--what happened with the house?
    koozy--is it getting a little easierhaving him gone? hang in your doing great..
    me--i am just plugging along, need to work on not thinking about food 24/7. have company coming in tomorrow, high school buddy, haven't seen in 30 years. dh and i met at her house 2 weeks before my 16th birthay and i just turned 49. we will have our 31 ann next week. now i feel really old. but, we made a weight watchers chicken burrios and froze them for saturdays dinnr, bbq for sunday. i am making a cheap chili for tomorrows dinner. they will leave on monday. should get lots of walking in showing them downtown charleston. play a few out side games if the weather isn't too hot. been in the 90s but the humidity is high.
    hope everyone has a great day. time to get some sort of exercise in. hope tomorrow the doc releases me back to a normal life. it's been 12 weeks since "do nothing". i have to do something. been cheating here and there about doing things. i have been stopping if i feel pain or pressure.
    will swing by later. chipper