The Tummy "Overhang" ...Give me inspiration!

Options

Replies

• PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I've lost LOTS of weight and still have the hanging "fat apron". 2 c-section for me.
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    That's a nice change, in only two month's time. You give me hope! Seems like I'm losing everyplace but my belly. Do you lift?
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have had 5 c- sections and yo yo up and down with weight, but at my smallest UK size 8 my tummy looked flat, so it does go down, am on my way to getting it all gone for good this time :)
  • gtdattitude
    gtdattitude Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    2 c-sections. Start weight 250 lbs, 117 lbs now, down 133 lbs.

2d9wcw.jpg

6ep3zn.jpg

You've probably heard this a million times but OMG your progress is amazing and inspiring!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    After giving birth to kid number 6

11614737_93.jpg

Now

11614737_8128.jpg
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options

2d9wcw.jpg

6ep3zn.jpg

You've probably heard this a million times but OMG your progress is amazing and inspiring!

WOW!!!! Amazing!!!!! :-)
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bump! 3 C-sections here... *Sigh*
  • BriskaPacojame
    Options
    bump.
  • rnmortell
    Options
    I'm just starting this site to eat better and get healthy! I have had 2 children and 1 c-section and have the hanging belly also. I had to have back surgery almost a year ago a discetomy on my lower back and am getting ready to start pt so for now I am starting with eating better and hopefully with time i will be able to do the excersising portion of it but I still have pain with my back and my left leg still has a numb feeling down it. Trying to stay positive I can do this for me and my kids! Also I have a question what is ALPHA T25?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

2d9wcw.jpg

6ep3zn.jpg

Thank you :)
    Also I have a question what is ALPHA T25?

Focus 25 is a workout program by Shaun T. the creator of Insanity. It's intense but only 25 minutes a day and brings results if you work hard for them :)
  • sidcianicliff
    sidcianicliff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I definitely have the tummy overhang.... ( 3 kids and I was all belly with each one of them.). it's stretched out, and riddled with stretch marks.... I hope to be able to post before and after pictures some day...

You are all an inspiration!!
    Keep em coming!! :)
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Is there anyone who has a VERTICAL Cesarean scar that has improved?
    Right now, I have buttocks both fore and aft, as well as an overhang. :sad: .

I've never had a c- section but had my gallbladder removed when i was pregnant & appendix removed 2 weeks after delivery. I have several incisions on my stomach that look indented, especially the one above my navel. Of all the things wrong with my tummy area (stretch marks, belly hang, scars), the indentions (scar tissue?) from the surgeries are the worst.
  • sportochick
    sportochick Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a serious belly over hang as well. Too many abdominal surgeries. I do know when my body fat got below 15 then the over hang was barely noticeable. I won't ever get that low again due to health issues but I sure want it to go down so I feel more comfortable with my husband.
  • bbontheb
    bbontheb Posts: 718 Member
    Options

I've never had a c- section but had my gallbladder removed when i was pregnant & appendix removed 2 weeks after delivery. I have several incisions on my stomach that look indented, especially the one above my navel. Of all the things wrong with my tummy area (stretch marks, belly hang, scars), the indentions (scar tissue?) from the surgeries are the worst.

Can I/we see? Not an overall pic but a small one? I have gallbladder surgery on Monday as well as a lap for endometriosis :( I'm scared.
  • MissPandaSquish
    MissPandaSquish Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love this topic! I have never had children but have the over hang from just being fat my whole life. Its taken me about 4 months but my over hang is just about shrinking very slowly. Keep it up ladys! and Guys! We can do it ;D
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Two c-sections and I had my second child 4 years ago at 40 years old. Just find an exercise program that you enjoy doing! I did Jillian michael's extreme shred and shed, 30 day shred, Insanity and soon to finish T25. A healthy diet and exercise will tighten it up! You can do it

insanity3.jpg

omg this made me SUPER happy! your first pic is where im at now and all i can say is way to go!!! i hope i can get to pic number 4 as well!
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    great inspiration in this thread! Thanks!
  • Pterod
    Pterod Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible sagging overhang too, I don't think the lose skin on mine is going anywhere but if it's not filled with fat I'm hoping it will look better! Long way to go.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    scibba wrote: »
    Two c-sections and I had my second child 4 years ago at 40 years old. Just find an exercise program that you enjoy doing! I did Jillian michael's extreme shred and shed, 30 day shred, Insanity and soon to finish T25. A healthy diet and exercise will tighten it up! You can do it

insanity3.jpg

wish there was an Overawesome button!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!