Tonsils being taken out- Any advice?

Options

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    DO NOT LET THEM!!! The Tonsils are Lymph Nodes, Lymph Nodes COLLECT Cellular Waste and allow it (cellular waste to flow via lymph Fluids to be filtered OUT of the Body. Waste from the HEAD, Mouth (Jaws/Teeth/Gums)... go to the Tonsils. If your Tonsils are irritated that means that You need to DETOX because Lymph Fluids are backed up and are NOT being filtered by your Kidneys and Liver. These days most knowledgeable doctors AVOID cutting out Lymph Nodes because it WILL cause Future sickness. Any Toxins in the Body Need to be in the Lymph (Lymph is the sewer system of the Body), when you cut them out future problems will happen. Detox and get healthy before you allow someone to cut on you or fill you with anti-biotics.

Go to YouTube and check out Dr. Robert Morse, ND. He is a Naturopathic doctor and Biologist. He has many videos on the Great Lymph System... You must learn how the Body works before you allow these Allopathic doctors to cut on you and alternatives.

Go Raw (Fruits, Salads, Fresh Fruit Juices) for 2 Weeks and see what happens. Your Body is telling you to CHANGE WHAT you eat, you are Unhealthy and your Body is Not eliminating its cellular waste.

ETA: 'Pus' is Lymph Fluid; those white specks or swelling in Tonsils are Lymph Fliuds, just like in a 'Pimple'. DETOX!

OH my. :laugh:
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    DO NOT LET THEM!!! The Tonsils are Lymph Nodes, Lymph Nodes COLLECT Cellular Waste and allow it (cellular waste to flow via lymph Fluids to be filtered OUT of the Body. Waste from the HEAD, Mouth (Jaws/Teeth/Gums)... go to the Tonsils. If your Tonsils are irritated that means that You need to DETOX because Lymph Fluids are backed up and are NOT being filtered by your Kidneys and Liver. These days most knowledgeable doctors AVOID cutting out Lymph Nodes because it WILL cause Future sickness. Any Toxins in the Body Need to be in the Lymph (Lymph is the sewer system of the Body), when you cut them out future problems will happen. Detox and get healthy before you allow someone to cut on you or fill you with anti-biotics.

Go to YouTube and check out Dr. Robert Morse, ND. He is a Naturopathic doctor and Biologist. He has many videos on the Great Lymph System... You must learn how the Body works before you allow these Allopathic doctors to cut on you and alternatives.

Go Raw (Fruits, Salads, Fresh Fruit Juices) for 2 Weeks and see what happens. Your Body is telling you to CHANGE WHAT you eat, you are Unhealthy and your Body is Not eliminating its cellular waste.

ETA: 'Pus' is Lymph Fluid; those white specks or swelling in Tonsils are Lymph Fliuds, just like in a 'Pimple'. DETOX!

That message did scare me :( There is so much research going back and forth on the effectiveness of tonsils and it's hard to keep track. I'm scared to death but I know there is going to be horrible pain. I'm ignoring the calories thing, and will just try to concentrate on taking care of myself. And to the person saying I need to stay with someone- good idea. I will make sure someone is with me at all times. ugh :(
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

That message did scare me :( There is so much research going back and forth on the effectiveness of tonsils and it's hard to keep track. I'm scared to death but I know there is going to be horrible pain. I'm ignoring the calories thing, and will just try to concentrate on taking care of myself. And to the person saying I need to stay with someone- good idea. I will make sure someone is with me at all times. ugh :(

That person doesn't understand biology. Don't listen to that garbage. You'll be fine.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Follow THE 'CROWD' and JUMP off the building! Do the CORRECTIONAL Research; So, I guess GOD made a Mistake, We really do not need everything placed in our Bodies. I also noticed that MOST of these people YELLIN have NOT hit late 40's or 50's YET, so they don't have , say Brain Fog, or Most of their Teeth missing or other Upper Respiratory Problems YET!

And of all the things to eat, DAIRY, the very thing that Probably Caused the Infection, and the More you 'Treat' it with Anti-Biotics the MORE you become RESISTANT to the TREATMENT. So the doctor's cure is to 'Cut Them Out'. ASK, WHAT is THE CAUSE of THIS PROBLEM, Then CURE IT...FIRST CHANGE WHAT you eat. The Lymph that was backed up in You WILL have to find another place to go because You are Not Filtering Properly. Wt Loss and being Slim Do NOT Equal HEALTH.
    REMEMBER My Words: A Word To The Wise is Sufficient! DO what is hard, GET HEALTHY, Not just lose weight!

Be Well, Live Well
  • chivohn819
    Options
    It was pretty painful for me to have them removed at 24. I couldn't really do my job (talking non-stop) for a good 2 weeks. The fifth day you will feel the worst, like you want to die, but it will get better after that. I also didn't eat much besides chicken broth and water for those few days. After I had my follow up visit 5 days later, the doctor urged me to at least try and eat something. I started with buttered noodles and other soft food. Good luck, you will be happy you did it, if you and your doctor have discussed this. I was a chronic ear-infection kid. I wish I would have done it sooner.
  • Eddieray616
    Eddieray616 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    using God now? well, I don't believe in God, I believe in the workings of nature and yes nature does make mistakes because evolution is based on mutation which can be as unbeneficial as beneficial. take the panda, for example, which have no natural instinct to breed...which is the main reason why they are dying out.
    Humans are quite poorly developed for normal, natural survival. if it wasn't for our intelligence we would have met the same fate as homo erectus.
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Follow THE 'CROWD' and JUMP off the building! Do the CORRECTIONAL Research; So, I guess GOD made a Mistake, We really do not need everything placed in our Bodies. I also noticed that MOST of these people YELLIN have NOT hit late 40's or 50's YET, so they don't have , say Brain Fog, or Most of their Teeth missing or other Upper Respiratory Problems YET!

And of all the things to eat, DAIRY, the very thing that Probably Caused the Infection, and the More you 'Treat' it with Anti-Biotics the MORE you become RESISTANT to the TREATMENT. So the doctor's cure is to 'Cut Them Out'. ASK, WHAT is THE CAUSE of THIS PROBLEM, Then CURE IT...FIRST CHANGE WHAT you eat. The Lymph that was backed up in You WILL have to find another place to go because You are Not Filtering Properly. Wt Loss and being Slim Do NOT Equal HEALTH.
    REMEMBER My Words: A Word To The Wise is Sufficient! DO what is hard, GET HEALTHY, Not just lose weight!

Be Well, Live Well

First of all, I don't understand what you are saying. Second, why do you write random words in all caps?

We've evolved and outgrown our need for certain body parts. I'm guessing you don't believe in any form of evolution despite peer reviewed scientific proof. I'd love to have a real discussion about the lympatic system, but you have no idea how it actually works.
  • Follow THE 'CROWD' and JUMP off the building! Do the CORRECTIONAL Research; So, I guess GOD made a Mistake, We really do not need everything placed in our Bodies. I also noticed that MOST of these people YELLIN have NOT hit late 40's or 50's YET, so they don't have , say Brain Fog, or Most of their Teeth missing or other Upper Respiratory Problems YET!

Be Well, Live Well

God is a story. God is not research.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    It was easy for me, but I was just a kid.

I can say that before having them out, I had frequent ear and sinus infections and afterwards I've been pretty much bullet proof as far as those things are concerned.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

Be Well, Live Well

Your use of the caps lock key does not make you any less of a moron, for the record.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You will feel really crappy for about 2 weeks. Stock up on soft foods like mashed potatoes, soup, jello, scrambled eggs. You can't eat anything hot or warm for the first few days. When they start to scab thats the worst part. It shouldn't really effect your diet in a bad way. Just try to stay hydrated with gatorade and broth and water water water and get rest.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Be Well, Live Well

Correctional research? Is that like, the research they do on prison inmates?
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options

Be Well, Live Well

Your use of the caps lock key does not make you any less of a moron, for the record.

lololol^^

And you have missed the point caps lock user. Me having to have my tonsils out have nothing to do with me trying to be skinny.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

9oquvWT.gif
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Ugh...so I've been told that my tonsils need to be removed. I am scared to death as I have heard so many horror stories from adults that have had to have this done. Anyone ever had to have them out as an adult? How bad was it? I'm also told that I won't be able to do anything "strenous" for at least 2 weeks. I probably won't be able to eat very much either...I'll probably drop some lbs and this is not the way I want to do it. If I go back to eating my regular diet (i try to hit 1200-1400) a day, will this mess me up?

I'm just worred that since I'll be out of comission for a while that everything is going to get jacked up. Anyone have and experiences to share?

I am sorry. I have nothing to share. I was told the same thing 18 years ago before I had surgery for some chronic sinus issues. I decided to not have the tonsil surgery. My health has dramatically improved since the sinus surgery. PM me if you want to discuss my situation more. Did you get a second opinion?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    CHECK THIS OUT, and it is pretty simple. I KNOW CERTAIN of you play "FOLLOW THE LEADER' BUT believe it or not, THIS is NOT FOR YOU, NOT even the O.P. It is for THOSE who 'WILL'. Will HEAL Themselves, Will GROW, Will LIVE Well...

http://youtu.be/G5G_kCA_Xfk

Be Well
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    About a week after....enjoy those skinny jeans !!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :love: :love: :wink:

Seriously, you like protein drinks? Mix with ice to make em super cold...should help with the hunger pangs. For me, soup was waaaay too salty and went down like sand paper (no kidding). Cold pudding did too. But for some reason warm pudding was soothing. so ate a ton of it (regular kind not sugar free). Milk shakes didn't work, caused a flem and then coughed so I ate sherbert. Mashed tators went down like sand paper, too. Overcooked, super soft Kraft Mac N Chz helped cuz it just slid down.

Oh. And my tonsils were rotten. After they were removed, all tonsillitis, mono, strep, and the monthly sore throats went buh-bye.

Good luck sweetie. You'll be fine! :flowerforyou:

(ETA: Had mine out age 20. Lost 10lbs & a whole lot less sick days off, too)
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Im 35 and I had mine out last September. Best thing I ever had done in my life. I suffered from chronic ear infections and had strep several times a year not to mention all the other infections/virues I suffered from. Surgery wasn't too bad. My tongue was sore from the clamp..that took a while to go away. The first couple days post surgery I felt ok...I even had pizza! Then the 3rd day...oh ouchie! Days 3 and 4 are def the worst pain wise. And the white coating that develops over your tongue and throat is totally normal. It freaked me out at first. Make sure you take your pain meds as directed and a lot of people say to eat popsicle or cold things. For me the cold make it hurt worse...I liked warm things like really runny mashed potatos (I ate a lot of those for a couple weeks) . Really though overall it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be considering my age. Like I said, days 3 and 4 post surgery were the hardest. Good luck to you!
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also just to let you know I haven't been sick a single time since!
  • usmcmp
    Options
    CHECK THIS OUT, and it is pretty simple. I KNOW CERTAIN of you play "FOLLOW THE LEADER' BUT believe it or not, THIS is NOT FOR YOU, NOT even the O.P. It is for THOSE who 'WILL'. Will HEAL Themselves, Will GROW, Will LIVE Well...

http://youtu.be/G5G_kCA_Xfk

Be Well

Okay, I watched it. That's a lecture on the lympatic system. Did you watch the whole thing? Do you understand what he's saying? He only talked about tonsils for 1:15 of the entire 40 minute lecture. He didn't mention anything about them being absolutely vital. In fact, he barely talked about them at all. Just saying they are part of a system that surrounds the mouth and nose area. How did this video help support your claims? It's just a lecture and it mentions many other parts of the lympatic system that are far more important than tonsils.