No More Starbucks???

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Hit your calorie goals and manage your macros...don't micro manage your micros unless you have some compelling reason to do so...i.e. medical issue, allergy, etc....even then, when you manage your macros (carbs/protein/fat) and try to get a balance macro ratio, things just tend to workout fine.
  • awesome! I just had a skinny caramel latte, sugar-free syrup. so no sugars. and, it tasted warm and yummy! :-) funny about that guy borrowing your abs! yes! :-) I love this place already!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    awesome! I just had a skinny caramel latte, sugar-free syrup. so no sugars. and, it tasted warm and yummy! :-) funny about that guy borrowing your abs! yes! :-) I love this place already!

try a minimal amount of syrup eg one pump, or half as much as usual or whatever instead of the sugar free. It still has sweetness and is somehow more satsfying :)
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Hit your calorie goals and manage your macros...don't micro manage your micros unless you have some compelling reason to do so...i.e. medical issue, allergy, etc....even then, when you manage your macros (carbs/protein/fat) and try to get a balance macro ratio, things just tend to workout fine.

^^this.

why are you watching sugar? did your doctor tell you to? if not, just re-read what this person already wrote. :)
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    All the high calorie Starbucks drinks are great tasting........but high calorie is followed by high fat reserves.

I continue to drink Starbucks coffee to this day.......just coffee......not all the additives that spike the calorie content.

Doesn't anybody drink coffee....just for the taste of the coffee? Do lots of people drink fancy coffee drinks so that they can spike their calorie intake? Unfortunately, calories usually taste really good, so we eat them.

I will get a cafe mocha maybe twice a year now. Funny. It doesn't taste as good as it used too.

Same thing happened with fast food. Quite eating it (for the most part), now it doesn't taste as good as it used to.

Same thing happened with cigarettes. Quite smoking them. Now they taste and smell terrible.

Pattern here.....addictive things (high calories (fat, sugar), high nicotine) taste good when your addicted. After addiction, no so much.

I guess.....if I quit drinking coffee (caffeine is addictive), it won't taste good after several years ....shudder.
  • trudijoy
    All the high calorie Starbucks drinks are great tasting........but high calorie is followed by high fat reserves.

I continue to drink Starbucks coffee to this day.......just coffee......not all the additives that spike the calorie content.

Doesn't anybody drink coffee....just for the taste of the coffee? Do lots of people drink fancy coffee drinks so that they can spike their calorie intake? Unfortunately, calories usually taste really good, so we eat them.

I will get a cafe mocha maybe twice a year now. Funny. It doesn't taste as good as it used too.

Same thing happened with fast food. Quite eating it (for the most part), now it doesn't taste as good as it used to.

Same thing happened with cigarettes. Quite smoking them. Now they taste and smell terrible.

Pattern here.....addictive things (high calories (fat, sugar), high nicotine) taste good when your addicted. After addiction, no so much.

I guess.....if I quit drinking coffee (caffeine is addictive), it won't taste good after several years ....shudder.

Calories aren't the devil though, and if you enjoy coffee with extras then why not?
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    I drink Starbucks every day, sometimes twice a day. I order a Grande Bold...it's $2.10 here. I have to have it, I am a Bold junkie.

All the other drinks they sell have no appeal to me, I'd rather go to dairy queen.
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Calories aren't the devil though, and if you enjoy coffee with extras then why not?
    Agree, calories aren't the devil. But too much of a good thing would cost me money to replace all my clothing with plus sizes.....not to mention the health costs of being obese, nor the social stigma, nor the reduced energy levels, etc. etc.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.
  • trudijoy
    Agree, calories aren't the devil. But too much of a good thing would cost me money to replace all my clothing with plus sizes.....not to mention the health costs of being obese, nor the social stigma, nor the reduced energy levels, etc. etc.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing.

which is an overall balance thing, not a coffee thing....

You work your treats in. I've lost all this weight without giving up vanilla lattes, wine, chocolate, cheese etc
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    <
    drinks pumpkin spice lattes all the time.

You don't have to worry about sugar, you can have Starbucks & lose weight, too.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    FYI, the sugar in the skinny lattes are from the milk, not any added sugar.

This
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    I've yet to give up my twice weekly Starbucks habit and I still lose weight. I like the fancy drinks so I just ask them to cut the syrup in half. That way, I can actually taste coffee and I save myself between 20 and 80 calories. To quote the great Rick Astley, "never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you." That song is actually about his devotion to Starbucks.

Edited because wrong lyrics, doh!
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    No way! I regularly enjoy Starbucks. I get the Sugar-Free Hazelnut Soy Latte. It's sooooo good :-) Plus it's only 140 calories There are ways to get great stuff at Starbucks that won't kill your calorie deficit or put you over on your sugar intake.
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    FYI, the sugar in the skinny lattes are from the milk, not any added sugar.

This

Ask for soy instead of milk, it's sugar free :-)
  • ViktoryaC
    ViktoryaC Posts: 124 Member
    Not trying to be a downer, but this girl I work with started drinking a frappe-whatever every day, and gained 20 pounds in 6 months! She;s still drinking them, too. Just make sure you account for the calories!
  • trudijoy
    Not trying to be a downer, but this girl I work with started drinking a frappe-whatever every day, and gained 20 pounds in 6 months! She;s still drinking them, too. Just make sure you account for the calories!

Yeah but she didn't gain weight because she was drinking frapps, She gained weight because she added a high calorie extra to her diet and didn't balance it out elsewhere. Nothing can be attributed to one thing.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    I'm not understanding the topic? 'No Starbucks' does not make sense to me :drinker:

My white mochas are 350 cals and alot of sugars. So far, I lost 40 lbs without giving them up. You will have to pry them from my cold dead hands......Not gonna do it!!

I too an in confusion as to the beaming of that phrase.....LOL?
    I ignore MFP sugar limit. I changed my sugar setting to sodium.
    I have Startbucks 2-3 times a month. Never the 'skinny' (art sweetener headaches). I lost my weight.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    She did not gain 20 pounds exclusively because of the frappe whatever unless she got the super secret 3000 calorie one.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member

And just because something taste good to me doesn't mean I am addicted to it....now, if coming off of it for a long enough period changes the taste maybe it was an addiction. I dunno.
  • princessd84
    princessd84 Posts: 121 Member
    Lactose is a sugar, therefore a Starbucks coffee with no extra sugar is no more sugary than drinking a glass of milk! IIFYM, enjoy! :)