New and oh so confused!

Options
I'll keep this short and sweet for now, but this is my first time piping up in the community section of myfitnesspal; I'm so confused and intimidated to even post this!

I'm looking for friends with open diaries so I can get an idea of what other human beings eat, sadly I have no clue! I'm not much of a cook, so expect lots of very plain meals in mine..like vegetables thrown over top of lettuce. Just send a request.

I've also ordered the new Fitbit Force to sort of boost my motivation, does anyone have the older models? thoughts?

Please share any helpful articles, threads, what-have-you that you have found personally helpful when just starting off!

Things that I would relate well to: Binge eating disorder, meal planning, eating on the cheap, motivational tips

Oh, and hi :))

Replies

• greenhudler
    Options
    My diary isn't currently public, but I'll go make it public if you want to read it. Or you can add me as a friend :). I have been eating either badly or bland recently though >_<
  • sammieqt
    Options
    You can add me. Mine is open. Welcome to the healthy fold!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to the public, but feel free to add me too! I've been getting better at throwing together simple/ cheap but filling meals lately and I also occasionally bake healthy treats that none of my family thinks are healthy :laugh:

Lets see I've also had my fair share of issues with binging in the recent past but with the right motivation and regular exercise I don't feel the need to anymore.

Oh and check out the link graceisjinxed posted, it is a great beginners guide to this site and weight loss :flowerforyou:
  • toneemorant
    Options
    I am not public but you can add me as a friend. "toneemorant". I hope you get the info you need to do what you need and want to do. This is not the easiest of things to do but determination can go a long way. I blog daily (or almost) and keep pretty good track of my eating and exercise, so again, add me as a friend and maybe what you see (or read) will hope.

Rooting for you!

tm
  • imju5tme
    imju5tme Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been here for only about 1.5 months, but you are welcome to see my food diary thinger. Be warned, there is a LOT of veggie burger stuff (I happen to LIKE Boca and Morning Star) in it, but there are some other things. If you are able to get any help/ideas from it, you are more than welcome to check it out. :smile:
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm a night shift nurse and find I eat 2 meals a day when on nights as I find I don't want to eat during the night much, just no appetite then and if I'm hungry before sleeping I have a snack.
  • BonCrayCray
    Options
    I wasn't expecting so many replies haha! Thank-you everyone, I will make my way around to everyone, I really do appreciate it!!