Exercises to lose belly fat.

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaG1313
    MamaG1313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No exercises burn belly fat. Exercise is for fitness, strength and overall health. Consistent calorie deficit is what burns belly fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Buff knows his stuff :drinker:
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ninerbuff, as long as you're here:

I know exercise does not reduce fat (that's what dieting is for). However, would the aforementioned exercises be good for improving core muscles, which (while not reducing fat) should then improve general waist size thanks to improved posture?

Or to put it another way, will core exercises reduce flabbiness, if not pudginess?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I swear by table pushaways and fork putdowns.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    No exercises burn belly fat. Exercise is for fitness, strength and overall health. Consistent calorie deficit is what burns belly fat.

IDEA Fitness member

yes+sir+D+this+gif+was+golden+_483d2e3ead21878f296690ac04d468c4.jpg
  • Sarge516
    Sarge516 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member
    Agreed ^^
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. Not exercise.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    The best exercises are that you can use:-
    1. The Bicycle Exercise
    2. The Captain's Chair Leg Raise
    3. Exercise Ball Crunch
    4. Vertical Leg Crunch
    5. Long Arm Crunch

No....just no.

Could you tell me other alternative that is perfect for reducing belly fat.
    Yes. Consistent calorie deficit. Exercise is for fitness, health and muscle hypertrophy. You can lose belly fat without exercise.

IDEA Fitness member

My uncle is also suffering from belly fat and he got some benefit. On behalf I'm telling. If you have some idea then share with us.

This is starting to get really, really good.

tumblr_m6cvot25tS1qb8kps.gif
  • EGDSM
    EGDSM Posts: 1
    Options
    Regular aerobic exercise and calorie deficit (but not extreme deficit-this can be counterproductive). Don't drink your calories-drink water. Stay away from processed anything. Stay with whole foods, lots of veggies... and don't carb out and take a seat. The insulin will shunt the sugar into fat cells rather than muscle if you are not using them...
    https://www.kathysmith.com/10-best-exercises-to-lose-belly-fat
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Regular aerobic exercise and calorie deficit (but not extreme deficit-this can be counterproductive). Don't drink your calories-drink water. Stay away from processed anything. Stay with whole foods, lots of veggies... and don't carb out and take a seat. The insulin will shunt the sugar into fat cells rather than muscle if you are not using them...

ecae6f7199680181061d5743344c1c0f.gif

BTW that was in regards to the link. The link will work your MUSCLES..... not the fat.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

I'll take none of this for 5,000, Alex.
  • PeterCohenUK
    Options
    Diet, cardio and weight training are the 3 in 1 to achieve fitness and fat burning, and the magic spell is will power.
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Fork put-downs and plate push-aways.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Ninerbuff, as long as you're here:

I know exercise does not reduce fat (that's what dieting is for). However, would the aforementioned exercises be good for improving core muscles, which (while not reducing fat) should then improve general waist size thanks to improved posture?

Or to put it another way, will core exercises reduce flabbiness, if not pudginess?
    The exercises mentioned above are fine for core development and "hardening" the muscles. Stronger and firmer muscles are usually desired over soft and pudgy.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Don't need aerobic exercise nor any food restricted choices. It's always going to be about a moderate calorie deficit. The whole BS with carbs and processed foods have been an ongoing myth in the fitness industry for decades. Stick to science.

IDEA Fitness member
  • PeterCohenUK
    Options
    Exercises do burn calorie. Just to make sure you don't replenish more calorie after exercise.

I know a program could be helpful to you: http://InsaneBodyShape.com

You could do it anywhere whenever you have time. Regular exercise coupled with proper diet, I think you target can be achieved as long as you have the will power.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Exercises do burn calorie. Just to make sure you don't replenish more calorie after exercise.
    If someone burned 1000 calories and had a BMR of 1500, you're stating stick to only a net of 500 calories a day?:huh:

I know a program could be helpful to you: http://InsaneBodyShape.com

You could do it anywhere whenever you have time. Regular exercise coupled with proper diet, I think you target can be achieved as long as you have the will power.
    [/quote]If you're speaking of "targeting" a specific body part for spot reduction, it doesn't happen with exercise (of any significance anyway). Genetics determines where one stores their body fat and how it comes off.

IDEA Fitness member