I'm having a stare down with Ben and Jerry ...

Options
My boyfriend just came back with a Peanut Butter Ben and Jerry's and I WANT IT. Quick, somebody say something to stop me eating it!

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    OMG, step away from the B & J. Seriously there are sooooooooo many calories in that stuff. And the container is like four servings or something. I remember the days of eating a whole thing at one time. That's one reason I gained the weight. Step Away!!!!

Have yourself a nice bowl of plain ice cream with a little chocolate syrup instead.
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Try to think of something else,, distraction helps!
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    eat it
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    I just checked the calories and there's nearly 1000 calories in the entire thing! :S That's put me off a little, but I've still walked past it about 5 times now :P
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Portion control.:wink: Unfortunately I don't have that capability with ice-cream so I limit mine to ice-cream cones I buy at a local restaurant or Baskin-Robbins. Good luck.
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    eat it

Wow, talk about support :P
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    STOP! Back away from the table......think about the calories....think about your waistline....back away........LOL
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I eat it :) almost every day! ... Of course, I don't eat 1200 calories a day either... if I have room left - it will go in my mouth :wink:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but if you can't talk YOURSELF out of cravings it's going to be a very long road.

If you want some, then eat it but KNOW that IF you eat it, you will have less calories for the rest of the day. Think of it like a bank account, you only have so much money..if you spend all your money on the $1500 pair of red Christian Louboutin heels you will have no money for anything else. Do you want it bad enough to not have anything else?
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    I eat it :) almost every day! ... Of course, I don't eat 1200 calories a day either... if I have room left - it will go in my mouth :wink:

Yea, if I had the calories to spare I'd probably eat it, but I've only got 1000 calories left and it's only 1:45pm lol.
  • nurseison
    nurseison Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You didn't eat any did you? You will feel sssssooooooo quilty if you do. This work is way to hard to throw it away on one thing. Just remember....nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    150g of B&J Half Baked is only couple hundred calories... well worth my budget :) I eat about 1800 cals a day tho :bigsmile:
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    well i have had a yearlong stare down with some EDYS egg nog ICE CREAM! i won! its still in there! i will refresh the carton and throw out the old one this season! i keep tellingmyself i dont want it them once its lke 3 months old i use the excuse its old............IT worked this whole year so hey why stop it!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    eat it

Wow, talk about support :P
    Actually, I agree. Tell yourself you can have some later and then sit down and log it in for dessert tonight or tomorrow and build the rest of your day around it. If you can still meet your calorie, macro, micro and fiber goals with it, go for it! If not, get in some exercise and still go for it. :drinker: Worst case scenario is you decide it's not worth it, and that's okay too.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    You didn't eat any did you? You will feel sssssooooooo quilty if you do. This work is way to hard to throw it away on one thing. Just remember....nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!

and depriving the things that you like will ONLY make crave more down the road (been there done that 2 years ago)... I like it better this time as I don't NOT eat anything - I eat anything I want ... I think I have had either apple or pumpkin pie every day this week :)

Skinny won't feel good at all if you can't sit down and enjoy ice cream (or oreos for that matter).
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Get out of the house! lol go for a walk or something, drink a glass of water too. Good luck!! P.S. I talk myself out of craving all the time.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    800 calories per pint. Make it fit in your day. I've done it, and eaten the entire pint with no guilt. Or, just eat a portion of it and spend a little longer on the treadmill tomorrow. *shrug*
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but if you can't talk YOURSELF out of cravings it's going to be a very long road.

If you want some, then eat it but KNOW that IF you eat it, you will have less calories for the rest of the day. Think of it like a bank account, you only have so much money..if you spend all your money on the $1500 pair of red Christian Louboutin heels you will have no money for anything else. Do you want it bad enough to not have anything else?

Thanks for that, this was the support I was looking for. I've just chucked it in the freezer and I'm going to go munch on a piece of brown toast :D

Thanks to everybody for the support, I don't think I would have resisted if I didn't have you guys :)
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    OMG, step away from the B & J. Seriously there are sooooooooo many calories in that stuff. And the container is like four servings or something. I remember the days of eating a whole thing at one time. That's one reason I gained the weight. Step Away!!!!

Have yourself a nice bowl of plain ice cream with a little chocolate syrup instead.

Nothing bad about ben & jerry's! :)
    You just need some self control
  • CookieDoughYummy
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great if your boyfriend/wife/mom/dad/sister/brother/kids stopped bringing the bloody stuff home in the first place? lol.