Found an AWESOME milkshake replacement!!! :)

Options
skinnyminnie
skinnyminnie Posts: 95 Member
I just tried this and had to post it. My biggest craving problem is ice cream - milkshakes in particular. So I decided to experiment a little and found a super, super good recipe. Here it is:

Frozen Hot Chocolate Milkshake

6 ice cubes
4 TB frozen whipped topping (I used generic cool whip - the regular one)
1/2 C skim milk
1 packet hot chocolate mix

Put all ingredients in a blender, and use the "grate ice" button until blended. I topped mine with some generic light reddi whip. This makes one pretty big milkshake and it's only 200 calories. The reddi whip on top adds 20 if you want that. If I'd gotten the reduced sugar hot chocolate mix, that would have taken off an additional 50 calories.
Anyway, the texture is fantastic and it's really, really good - dare I say BETTER than a regular milkshake?? :) Enjoy!

Replies

• cmlewis86
    cmlewis86 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow that sounds soooo good!
  • trish1215
    Options
    I can't wait to try it!! That sounds like a fabulous snack! Thanks for sharing!!
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    That sounds delicious!!!!!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    That sounds very good!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: yummy Bump:flowerforyou:
  • shelli1982
    Options
    thanks for sharing :)
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    If I could hug you I would. :drinker:
  • lupuslady
    Options
    It sounds wonderful from the chocoholic to you THANKS
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!
  • TashaS
    TashaS Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Oh man... I'm trying this over the weekend!! I too am a milkshake lover!! :love:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I mix some whey protein (I like Pure Protein but any will do) with some sugar free jello pudding (60 calories) and half a banana with a little crushed ice. Rich, thick, delicious and a good recovery drink if you exercise hard.
  • hunterzmomma
    Options
    nice!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I remember my Mom in Weight Watchers doing something like that.

I've found out that cocoa powder, sugar, and powdered milk make a great lower calorie hot chocolate mix than the packages. And not other stuff like corn syrup and whatevers.
  • annecolorgreen
    annecolorgreen Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    sounds great! I have a margaritaville blender and have been looking for some new things to do with it :)
  • mistiegayle
    mistiegayle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm having this for breakfast tomorrow .. can't wait :))))
  • iheartshae
    iheartshae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to live by a place that sold Frozen Hot Chocolate but it also had a hint of peppermint in it. Any ideas on how I can incorporate that?
  • tishieb
    tishieb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    OMG .. this milkshake is FANTASTIC !!! Only 132 calories ..... QUITE a difference from McDonalds 1,200 calorie milkshake ! And to be quite honest ... I'd drink the frozen hot chocolate one by choice ANY DAY :))) THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE RECIPE * hugs *
  • c7eat2live
    c7eat2live Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    wow this sounds soooo yummy!!!
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    YUM!!! :drinker: