Lost 100 lbs, now I'm always cold

Options

Replies

• roxanethree
    roxanethree Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Mine was really bad about a month ago. Now I know to always have sweaters and socks with me. I can get a real chill once I finish a work out and start cooling down. It is a huge change from last year when I was always hot. :)
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    welcome to the I am always cold club. I lost 140 and if a breeze blows, I start to shiver. in the summer time, this summer, it was in the 70s and i had to turn the heater on.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Yep - I am always cold. The only time I'm not cold is when it's 90 degrees outside and I'm out in the sun.

Fall is coming, and I can definitely feel it. And let's not talk about grocery shopping. I walked into the store tonight and felt like I was walking into the north pole!!!

This!! Oh and movie theaters. And restaurants. Yup, always have to have a sweater.
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Had to laugh, I am kinda hoping this happens to me! Not to be ALWAYS cold, but I like sweaters and knit garments, and there's always clothing with manmade fibres that is always too too hot for me to wear! I have made my own cotton shirts for years, and am looking so forward to just buying clothes that fit, and not caring so much any more if they are all cotton!

eta: also to be able to sit in the 90 degree weather and not be too hot!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 pounds since last December and this last summer, we had one of the very hottest years ever in our area (1 day short of most 100 degree days and we beat the record for most days over 95 degrees) but I didn't feel as hot as I might otherwise have.

Will have to wait what the winter months are like (as we do get snow and temperatures well below freezing regularly).
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Cold happens.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 27lbs and I now have the best of both sh!tty worlds... I'm not only freezing most of the time, but the second I start to overheat I start pouring sweat. Neither of these things occurred when I was a little fluffier.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Mine was really bad about a month ago. Now I know to always have sweaters and socks with me. I can get a real chill once I finish a work out and start cooling down. It is a huge change from last year when I was always hot. :)

O man.... Once I'm done working out and stop sweating, I feel like I need to wear every article of clothing I own or I'm going to die from frostbite.
  • vverhelle
    vverhelle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm down 80lbs in 10 months and as of the last 2 weeks I am always cold! The weather just started to turn cold and today was our first snow...I'm freezing and my thermostat is exactly where it was last year! I still have 65 more to reach my goal so I am surprised this is happening already!

At least i have some big sweaters & sweats to layer up with!!! :wink:
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I have thyroid disease, AND lost 130 pounds. I never get warm unless it's at least 100 degrees. :grumble:

This lol @$##@ thyroid... everyone thinks I am crazy because unless it is 90 or above... I am cold.. Love my electric bill in the summer though - non existant :bigsmile:
  • Beckalynhudson
    Options
    I've been thin my whole life, but as I get older, the colder I am every year. Especially in these months, I need to start of my day with a heated rice pad on my feet and the rest of the day with Warner's in my shoes. It can be debilitating sometimes. It sucks. Going to try to build a little more muscle mass as I have read that may improve this chill I can't seem to kick.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be cold than overweight :) but tbh I've never noticed a change
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Seems to go with the weight loss
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I've always been cold!!!!!! Even when I had plenty of extra fat that should have been at least keeping me warm. :tongue:
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    if it's one degree below 76, i'm shivering. i'm not actually comfortable until 80s. i feel your pain.
    the worst part is, I"M STILL OVERWEIGHT so i feel like people are looking at me like "she's fat, she shouldn't be cold, she's got plenty to insulate her"
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yes, always. I was hoping my body would adjust after a few months in maintenance but it hasn't yet. It's going to be a long winter and I'm in S. Texas. :tongue:
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I used to be always hot but I am now cool to cold most of the time. I am entering menospause and while most women talk about hot flashes I seem to get cold flashes so I keep a sweater or jacket around and wear it when needed.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I was constantly freezing while losing until I upped my calories.

Not eating enough = cold!!
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah ive been there. When i was 60lb heavier I was always hot and sweating and chaffing when i moved around alot, even in the winter. Now im always cold and never sweat unless im exercising and honestly I love it. Its so much easier and comfortable to just add layers of cloths to keep warm and if hot, walk around without a shirt and not feel ashamed or uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    With large weight loss there's often some muscle loss as well as fat loss. More muscle really helps regulate body temps--yet another reason to lift! :smile: