Lost 100 lbs, now I'm always cold

2»

Replies

• I've been thin my whole life, but as I get older, the colder I am every year. Especially in these months, I need to start of my day with a heated rice pad on my feet and the rest of the day with Warner's in my shoes. It can be debilitating sometimes. It sucks. Going to try to build a little more muscle mass as I have read that may improve this chill I can't seem to kick.
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    I'd rather be cold than overweight :) but tbh I've never noticed a change
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Seems to go with the weight loss
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    I've always been cold!!!!!! Even when I had plenty of extra fat that should have been at least keeping me warm. :tongue:
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    if it's one degree below 76, i'm shivering. i'm not actually comfortable until 80s. i feel your pain.
    the worst part is, I"M STILL OVERWEIGHT so i feel like people are looking at me like "she's fat, she shouldn't be cold, she's got plenty to insulate her"
  • OhLeita
    OhLeita Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, always. I was hoping my body would adjust after a few months in maintenance but it hasn't yet. It's going to be a long winter and I'm in S. Texas. :tongue:
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    I used to be always hot but I am now cool to cold most of the time. I am entering menospause and while most women talk about hot flashes I seem to get cold flashes so I keep a sweater or jacket around and wear it when needed.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    I was constantly freezing while losing until I upped my calories.

Not eating enough = cold!!
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 499 Member
    Oh yeah ive been there. When i was 60lb heavier I was always hot and sweating and chaffing when i moved around alot, even in the winter. Now im always cold and never sweat unless im exercising and honestly I love it. Its so much easier and comfortable to just add layers of cloths to keep warm and if hot, walk around without a shirt and not feel ashamed or uncomfortable in my own skin.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    With large weight loss there's often some muscle loss as well as fat loss. More muscle really helps regulate body temps--yet another reason to lift! :smile:
  • waltcote
    waltcote Posts: 372 Member
    lower blood pressure....
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    if it's one degree below 76, i'm shivering. i'm not actually comfortable until 80s.

I'm exactly the same.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    When I was pregnant, I was always warm. Of course I ate for three and gained some weight during my pregnancies, so I had the insulation. After I lost the baby weight I went back to wearing sweaters.
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Me too! I've only lost 50 lbs so far (but shooting for 100 total), but I've noticed a very significant difference from last winter. Last year I would've been wearing a short sleeved shirt in 65-70 degree weather, but this year I was bundled up in a sweatshirt and scarf at that same temperature. I look forward to next summer - I hope I won't be sweaty and hot the whole 3-4 mts!
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    I notice this as well. I wasn't sure if it was the weight loss or if I am just not adjusted to the colder temps yet.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Last year I didn't put on my winter coat until January. I have it on now haha.
  • I've lost just over 148lbs in total and since around 20lbs ago I've been feeling the cold. I eat around 1700-2000 calories a day and do strength training as well as cardio but I've taken to wearing a gilet in the house! I'm too cheap to turn the heating on during the day.

Being cold and finding hard chairs uncomfortable are two side effects nobody warned me about.
  • 60 Pounds ago.. I sweated while sitting in FRONT of the Air Conditioner. NOW .. I am always cold too.. :/ lol.. I DONT Want to gain that 60 lbs. back so I will just wear Long Sleeve Shirts! I am on Thyroid Meds as well and I am going to ask my Dr. if the weight Loss combined with the Hypothyroidism is the reason and if it will go away at some point!