Here We Go

Options
Been lurking for a couple days and checking things out. Love the support that everyone gives each other. Tons of information and I think I am ready to get started. I'm 31 and want to get back to the weight I was 10 years ago. I want to get fit for my beatiful wife and my future family. I think i have found the right place to offer the support that I will need during this long but rewarding process. Thanks so much for any support you can give!

Replies

• kdannyk
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I just join today and looking for some one to work out with. I'm wondering what your exercise routine is? I don't have one yet. I plan on starting on saturday. I'm 26 and wanting to loose some weight for my wedding and if possiable tone up a little.
  • House5540
    House5540 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get up early before I go to work. I signed up to a local gym and have made a sincere effort to go everyday. I have been doing some light weight training along with some good cardio everyday. I have been setting my treadmill to a 12 incline for 45 min-60 min at 3.5 MPH. After about 25-30 minutes I bring the incline down to 7.5 and continue. This is a pretty brisk walk and gets my heart rate going. I am going to take others advice on the site and get a heart monitor. After my cardio my light weight training has been simple light weight machine lifts alternating between days arms and legs. I do low amount of weight, and try to do 20 reps a set. I also mix in lunges, air squats, and step ups on a box. This is more then enough for me. This is actually week two of working out. It has been a coach to work out type program as I was doing nothing before this in the form of a work out. I am lucky to have a buddy and my brother to work out with so we push each other and keep each other going and accountable. It would be very easy for me to take a day off, expecially when I am tired in the mornings. Good luck to you and your workouts!
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard my man! I'll send you a friend invite! This is definitely the place to be. Good Luck and Congratz on making a change for the betterment of yourself and your family! Props to you!
  • Jewels42MD
    Options
    House, that is the best reason to get fit and healthy- for your family :smile:
    You will be successful!
  • laurabrown66
    Options
    I don't know what your time is like but I have found that joining a gym has helped me. I work out with a personal trainer 3 times a week and do some kind of cardio two times a week. I found that if I was paying for it I would go. When I tried to do my exercise at home I could always find a way to do something else. The gym keeps me honest.