New here and never done anything like this before!!!...Very

Options
Hi everyone!! I am so excited to be doing something to help myself! For a long time now, I have wanted to lose weight, but been so busy with helping everyone else that I kind of forgot about myself. Well, I know that I need to get healthy and I just hope that I can do it this time. I appreciate any support that an be lent my way and I will definitely return the favor to any one who needs it. Thanks for reading and I hope to talk to you all soon!!

Replies

• jsheph1
    jsheph1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on coming here and deciding to make some positive changes in your life. MFP makes weight loss simple. One thing I would recommend to new comers is asking others to be your friend. That way they can see your status updates and offer encouragement. I will be your friend if you'd like to send me an add.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site and good luck with your journey!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. It's an amazing site. It's very user friendly and you need to request friends for motivation. If you want, you can friend request me by clicking on my user name. I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.

Lynn
  • ashbridge
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have only been on here a few weeks, well I guess almost a full month now. And I can say that thanks to MFP, this is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. I look at what I am doing in a whole different manner. If you screw up one day, then just move on and remember that tomorrow is a new day. Add lots of friends on here. They offer encouragement, support and accountability. Post a picture of yourself, and make your diary public so you can have good feedback on what you can improve on. Feel free to add me, I will support you!
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on coming here and deciding to make some positive changes in your life. MFP makes weight loss simple. One thing I would recommend to new comers is asking others to be your friend. That way they can see your status updates and offer encouragement. I will be your friend if you'd like to send me an add.

Agreed! Best part about this site. It is an amazing way to have a support group and you will be amazed at what you share with people and what they give and share in return. Feel free to friend me also!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've only been here about two weeks. But I can tell you the support has been outstanding.! I am positive I am going to make the switch into a healthy lifestyle this time! Good luck to you on your journey. Add me as a friend if you like..
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    MFP is the best site! Believe me, I've tried many, many diets but this site makes it so easy to meet fellow dieters and have your fitness questions answered in the privacy of your home. It is an international site, so you can check in any time. Day or night! There are usually people posting questions and offering support and guidance, no matter when you check in. Best part -- it's all free! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you'd like. Good luck on your journey! Barbara
  • thehealthyone
    Options
    Welcome Melissa!!! It's a lil like jumping rope...just jump in!!! Take on a few friends, record exercise..food intake..everything...and before you know it...you'll be on your way to better health!!:drinker:
  • mkinealy
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here! Everyone wants to help!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    welcome to a wonderful site! you will love it here!