Vegetarian Dinners under 250 calories??

Options
Mini_horse_lover
Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
Does anyone know any recipes for dinners under 250 calories?

Would prefer low carb, and not soup as thats what I have been making.
Im sick of plain veggies, wraps etc too

Any ideas?

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Salad with eggs, tofu stirfry with lots of veggies and a yummy sauce. 250 cals is not a whole lot to work with
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    mushroom omelette is delicious and very low as is Spanish omelette, also rice crackers covered in low fat cream cheese and a few snips of fresh chives and one of my favourites is pasta shells with some pesto and oven baked whole baby tomatoes with a dash of Worcestershire sauce ... yum
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian, but I sure as hell couldn't come up with an interesting/tasty dinner that's under 250 calories!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Just encase anyone replies with useful recipes :-P
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    under 250? Why?
    A small bowl of vegetarian soup, meal shake, or sandwich
  • MorganBody
    Options
    Acorn squash with cinnamon,sautéed kale & sweet potatoes,salad with chopped strawberries and olive oil vinaigrette,miso soup with udon noodles(yet to try but I've heard its yummy),baked potato with any number of toppings..
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    This: http://www.theppk.com/2011/10/mushroom-hot-pot/
    I add some rice noodles, choy sum, broccoli and other vegies and it's SO GOOD.

Also:
    http://www.veggieful.com/2013/10/vegan-tofu-and-vegetable-quiche-recipe.html

Big tray of roast vegies (broccoli, sweet potato, pumpkin, zucchini, etc.).
    Stir-fry tofu and broccoli.
    Vegetable bake- like a lasagne without the lasagne sheets.
    Baked sweet potato with some kind of vegetable/bean-based topping.
    Falafal/hummus/tabbouleh.

Otherwise just halve a normal-sized meal I guess?
    But why so few calories? Seems like a pain in the *kitten*, really. Then again I like my dinner to be the biggest meal of the day, I LOVE DINNER :love:
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    stuffed peppers - makes 2 servings
    2 bell peppers, sliced in half and seeds out
    1 cup meatless grounds or other protein like diced seitan
    2 oz cream cheese (fat free to save cals if you'd like)
    3 whole mushrooms diced
    diced red onion
    minced garlic
    1/8 cup grated parm

in skillet sautee onions, mushrooms and garlic. add in meatless grounds. add in cream cheese, season with other spices if desired. stuff peppers, top with grated parm and bake 15 minutes
    about 233-245 calories per 1 whole stuffed pepper

shirataki noodles with different veggies in a stir fry, add tofu or seitan top with soy sauce or teryiaki sauce

spaghetti squash tossed with different spices, add in mixed veggies, add to a casserole dish. top with mashed potatoes and shredded cheese bake until cheese is melted, about 200 calories for a large serving.

veggies/tofu with curry sauce over couscous, close to 250 calories maybe a little more

spinach sauteed with garlic, mix in marinara sauce and oregano and ricotta, about 88 calories for a cup of spinach can double it and have protein with it such as a veg burger

2 quinoa spinach patties from skinnytaste.com

check out skinnytaste for other recipes as well she has a vegetarian section or you can just sub out the meat in recipes for a meatless protein
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    baked sweet potato with warm black bean/tomato salad on top... it's as easy as it sounds!
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Green Giant Steamers - Garden Vegetable Medley - buy the bag not the box.

The whole bag is a nice big bowl of yummy...comes in at 240 calories, moderate carbs. Red skin potato, snap peas, and sweet red bell pepper in some kind of low fat low cal sauce. I always add hot sauce to this.

Eat that with some raw cucumber slices sprinkled with lime juice and chili powder...

Some people NEED chocolate....I NEED my hot peppers...
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash, pasta sauce and parm cheese. easy peasy
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Under 250 calories? Um... A yam?
  • Sarahnade42x
    Sarahnade42x Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Cut up zucchini with a spiral veggie slicer (or something else that makes spaghetti shapes) and heat in a skillet with garlic, shallots (or onions), sliced mushrooms, red peppers and Roma tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup light pasta sauce (I use Ragu mushroom - 35 cals!) for a dish that's almost like spaghetti and very low cal. Sometimes I'll add slices of Morningstar chicken/turkey burger for the extra protein. The whole thing ends up being <200 cals and so good!

ETA: I also stuff crimini mushroom caps with a spinach/shallot/feta mix and bake for 20 minutes. The calories pretty much just depend on how much feta you add. These are also really good with thin portobello caps - sometimes I add some Ragu to the bottom and then add the filling, turns out almost like little Mediterranean pizzas. :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    either zucchini, eggplant or portobello mushrooms baked/grilled with a bit of feta and spinach and tomato based sauce etc. top up to 250 cals with some brown rice, quinoa or cous cous.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    also, shirataki noodles with damn near anything. the noodles themselves are close to zero cals.
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1136819-egg-casserole-really-fills-you-up

That egg casserole clocked in at 151 calories for me with lots of veggies and Boca crumbles. 20g of protein too.

Also try Skinny Taste, their recipes are amazing: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/vegetarian-recipes.html

Also, my corn quiche is delicious and comes in at 200 calories per slice:
    1 frozen pie crust, thawed
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 small onion, chopped
    3/4 cup corn
    1 large egg, 6 tbsp egg white
    3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    ¾ - 1 cup milk
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    1 cup BOCA crumbles

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Bake pie shell 7 minutes. Remove shell from oven, and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat; add onion. Saute 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat and add corn; set aside. Beat eggs in a large bowl; add cheese, milk, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir in corn mixture. Pour into pie crust. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until set in center and lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

ETA: the quiche makes 8 slices
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    under 250? Why?

Because this person nets between 900-1100 calories a day.... According to their diary. :noway:
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    250 calories is a snack for me....
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Bean burrito (I guess that is kind of a wrap) or bean taco. You can make many vegetarian Mexican dishes using beans and reduced fat cheese.

Tofu stir fry, as long as you take it easy on the oil it could easily come in at 250.

Veggie omelette or fritata

Spaghetti squash tossed with kidney beans, steamed veggies and a little parmesan or olive oil.
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    A light life veggie burger has 20 grams of protein and about 190 calories. I guess eat over a bed of lettuce, or with some veggies on the side. 250 is a bit low but you do what you want.