21 day beach body reset help

Options
2»

Replies

• allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oh, speaking of answers you don't want...
    My roommate and I are doing this reset/cleanse. Has anyone done this before? What are your thoughts? We are on day 3, having some headaches and some cravings. I am still exercising though it tells you you shouldn't.

So yeah any thoughts?
    The main benefit I'm getting from it is the meal planning, my roommate already had the kit so it didn't cost anything for me :) I haven't strayed from the meal plans at all and I'm eating things I thought I never would. I feel pretty good honestly. Thanks for the more positive feedback that I was looking for. How you word things is def. important

So having headaches and cravings constitutes "feeling good"?

I feel accomplished and proud of myself! I'm doing this because I don't want to put perservatives and junk in my body that aren't meant to be there. Yeah I want a cheeseburger but that's because I've been eating cheeseburgers for 26 years.....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I are doing this reset/cleanse. Has anyone done this before? What are your thoughts? We are on day 3, having some headaches and some cravings. I am still exercising though it tells you you shouldn't.

So yeah any thoughts?
    The main benefit I'm getting from it is the meal planning, my roommate already had the kit so it didn't cost anything for me :) I haven't strayed from the meal plans at all and I'm eating things I thought I never would. I feel pretty good honestly. Thanks for the more positive feedback that I was looking for. How you word things is def. important

I feel accomplished and proud of myself! I'm doing this because I don't want to put perservatives and junk in my body that aren't meant to be there. Yeah I want a cheeseburger but that's because I've been eating cheeseburgers for 26 years.....

Uh oh, shouldn't be doing the cleanse then

"The supplementation regimen during the Reclaim week (week 1) was as follows:
    •Thirty minutes before breakfast, lunch, and dinner, participants drank 12 to 24 oz of distilled water (which was provided) with a “pinch” of Himalayan salt, consumed 10 to 15 drops of a liquid oxygen supplement, and swallowed 2 systemic enzyme capsules containing protease/bromelain, serrapeptase, papain, amylase, lipase, rutin, amla, maltosextrin, methylsulfonylmethane, and camu camu.

•At least 2 hours after lunch, participants drank 12 to 24 oz of distilled water with a “pinch” of Himalayan salt and another 4 to 8 oz of distilled water mixed with 3 g of alkalinizer powder (“green food”: alfalfa, wheatgrass, apple cider vinegar, fulvic acid). After waiting 30 minutes, participants were allowed to consume a snack consisting of unsalted almonds and/or apples. The participants purchased these snack foods for themselves.

•The participants waited a minimum of 2 hours after consuming the alkalinizer supplement or snack to consume their dinner supplements (12-24 oz of distilled water with a “pinch” of Himalayan salt, liquid oxygen, and systemic enzymes). Then 30 minutes later, participants consumed their dinner."
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

So yeah any thoughts?

I would ask why you feel it's junk?

Also, eating 1000 calories will be a lot more detrimental to your results if you maintain that for awhile. Low calories, especially low protein, will lead to increase muscle loss. This means, it will require more weight loss to get your ideal body and possible cause you to work and gain back the muscle you lost. I highly recommend not being short sited and thing of long term goals. I am all for people "improving health" by eating whole lean foods, but that doesn't mean you can't be fit an healthy if you eat pizza once and awhile or eat hamburgers.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a beach body challenge I made up. It's eating how I normally eat, but doing toning work for glutes, belly and arms, and the 30DS squat challenge. I say do something like that. If you need to starve to feel good in a bikini, just buy a swim top and wear it over the bikini top.

I'm not starving nor do I need to feel good in my bikini, I feel great in my bikini, thanks though
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a beach body challenge I made up. It's eating how I normally eat, but doing toning work for glutes, belly and arms, and the 30DS squat challenge. I say do something like that. If you need to starve to feel good in a bikini, just buy a swim top and wear it over the bikini top.

I'm not starving nor do I need to feel good in my bikini, I feel great in my bikini, thanks though

Then it makes no sense to me why you're doing this, but good luck to you.
  • mattbell007
    mattbell007 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Headaches are a withdrawal symptom of caffeine addiction, pure and simple. I'm pretty sure sugar "withdrawal" isn't causing the headaches.

I've never been addicted to caffeine, but I've known lots of people who are/were, including some who would deny they were addicted, but addicts of all sorts frequently refuse to recognize and/or deny their addictions.

In any event, the withdrawal symptoms will go away eventually.