Les Mills BodyCombat Question

Options
Hi,

I just bought the Les Mills BodyCombat DVDs. I've done the 30-min and 45-min workouts so far. I didn't get sore (much my disappointment) after the 30-min workout, but I did have some soreness after doing the 45-min one.

What has been your experience with BodyCombat? Is it good for losing weight?

Thanks!

Replies

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I only do Bodycombat at a gym with a professional instructor so I cannot comment on the DVDs. Bodycombat can be made more difficult by working toward proper form and getting lower in the knees/increasing intensity in general. Any fitness program, when combined with a caloric deficit, will help you lose weight.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Obviously, most weight loss comes from watching your diet. But BodyCombat can be a great way to get exercise and burn calories. I've lost weight over the fall and do it on a regular basis at my local gym. Naturally you are going to burn more calories if you do the moves with more intensity, deeper stances and jumping on some of the kicks.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I do body combat at the gym two times a week. While I think my weight loss has been mainly a result of my diet, the classes have certainly helped with toning and strength.
  • CarlaMichelle
    CarlaMichelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just bought the DVD too! i did the 30 minute last night and today my shoulders, arms, back, ribs and abs are all sore when i stretch my muscles out! The difference could be how fit you are now... i need to lose 70 pounds and i haven't worked out in 2 months.
  • accendo
    accendo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't get too sore from body combat but it is fun and burns the calories. Make sure you watch the instructional DVD and watch how they do their moves. I did the 30 on Tuesday and did it again last night and because I'm learning the moves I burnt a 100 more calories and worked up more of a sweat because I could concentrate on my form rather than trying to fugue out moves as I go.