Would I look ok blonde?

Options

Replies

• _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to say this, because I think you're very attractive and even remind me of some models I have seen. Carolyn Murphy? I don't know for sure if that's who I am thinking of. Anyway.

JMHO: I wouldn't do it based on this photo, not because of your coloring or anything like that...but because you look VERY low maintenance and I think done well, blonde needs a lot of attention, upkeep, proper styling in between colorings, etc. Or else it can just look kind of unkempt and poorly done.

I also think you would risk looking washed out. Do you ever wear makeup? I don't think all women HAVE TO wear makeup or anything like that but I think your very natural look might get washed out with lighter hair if not.

This!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Whatever you decide to do, do not do it yourself. See a professional. Hard to see your undertones in this pic, but I'm not seeing blonde as being a good choice. Unless it is just some highlights, to brighten things up and give some dimension. Darker could be nice, not too dark though. Again do it in a weaving technique, for interest.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Yes, but if you had a pixie cut.
    With your hair as it looks now.. Probably not.
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Blonde would look good - just make sure it is a light blonde (just not bleach blonde)
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think blonde would look lovely on you. I think a darker more natural looking blonde would look best. If you wanted to go platinum I think you could still pull it off.

As previously mentioned, it does take a good bit to keep up your hair when you dye it. The lighter you go the more pronounced your roots will be.
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm scared to say this, because I think you're very attractive and even remind me of some models I have seen. Carolyn Murphy? I don't know for sure if that's who I am thinking of. Anyway.

JMHO: I wouldn't do it based on this photo, not because of your coloring or anything like that...but because you look VERY low maintenance and I think done well, blonde needs a lot of attention, upkeep, proper styling in between colorings, etc. Or else it can just look kind of unkempt and poorly done.

I also think you would risk looking washed out. Do you ever wear makeup? I don't think all women HAVE TO wear makeup or anything like that but I think your very natural look might get washed out with lighter hair if not.

ITA!
  • greenhudler
    Options

QFT
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Sure, but please take that thing out of your nose. Not attractive, IMHO.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options

I doubt she cares about what you think about her nose ring, so mind your own business.

OP, your hair is light enough that you can go blonde and still have it look natural. So yes.

ETA: going ombre blond (lighter tips, natural darker roots) would drastically reduce the time and money needed to maintain it.
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think you should compromise and do blonde highlights - then u can keep your natual color as the low lights and it will help it look more natural and not have the regrowth look as drastic till u can go in again to get it filled :) so go for it and have more fun being blonde:wink:
  • Caelrr
    Caelrr Posts: 26
    Options
    I say most likely not. I think it would look good to dye your hair a slightly darker shade of brown... but not too much darker!! Or you could do something like this: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s5KgSnFEup8/Tk5FoYgDpFI/AAAAAAAAA1k/M56YlbP5s8w/s400/H.png except a couple shades lighter for both the dark & the light colors.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Sorry... I agree.
  • Musikelektronik
    Musikelektronik Posts: 739 Member
    Options

I doubt she cares about what you think about her nose ring, so mind your own business.

OP, your hair is light enough that you can go blonde and still have it look natural. So yes.

She cares what I think about her hair color, so why not? Other people have commented on her makeup...sooooooooo.

Anyhoo, this is this person's first and only post, and she hasn't responded to any of the other posts here. If this is a genuine attempt at obtaining beauty tips, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

So lighten up.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't go bleach blonde... but why not try starting out with blonde highlights? It'll lighten up the overall look, but not be as obvious in terms of roots showing.

This is exactly what I did. And I ALWAYS thought I'd look awful as a blonde, but I rocked it!
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Sure. Your hair color is really close to my natural color. And the rest of your coloring is a lot like mine too (skin, eyes, etc.). Currently blonde. And I've had every shade of blonde there is and loved them all. The only thing I'd say is, because you have more prominent eyebrows than I do (and they are lovely, btw), don't stray too far from your current shade. Or, if you do, you may consider tinting your eyebrows to look more natural.

Not saying blonde will be better on you.. but it's definitely possible and I think it would look, at the very least, ok. :smile:

Do it if you want. It's hair. You can dye it/cut it/grow it out.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

So lighten up.

I see what you did there...
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    sure!! DO IT!!
    I have very dark hair, and I am now blonde , and wow,
    let me tell ya, the comments I get are CRAZY!!!
    MEN LOVE BLONDES!

I went blonde once. The only difference I noticed was people treated me like I was dumb.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    OP. I think you should get bangs.