Baked potatoes?

Options
I love baked potato with cottage cheese. Ive had it three days in a row because ive been in town & its basically the only healthy fastfood outlet we have. Iknw people say carbs are bad, but its a low calorie, low fat food, so it couldnt really be that bad could it?

Replies

• BlutAura
    Options
    Obviously you need a certain amount of complex carbohydrates especially if you are working out or doing fitness.
    I was advised by my doctor to avoid high carbohydrate level foods e.g. baked potato and large amount of pastas etc, he said this was because they are addictive and your body tricks you into feeling hungry and wanting more.
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Baked potatoes are a good source for potassium which are bodies need for energy. As long as you are balancing your carbs, fat and protein there is nothing wrong with eating them
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    I eat em. Just make them fit your overall plan. Years of Adkins has made us think they are bad food. They are not! Everything in moderation my friend. If it fits, every day will not hurt a thing. I also eat baked sweet potatoes, more fiber, same great potassium.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with baked spuds! They are so yummy especially in colder weather. A favourite filling of mine is also cottage cheese.. soooo tasty. You could also try with tuna or with baked beans! Enjoy! :D