Spin Class Anyone?

Options
13»

Replies

• allie__jane
    Options
    Spinning sucks. Go ride outside. No, seriously.

Yeah, some of us don't have that option (location, safety, ability, etc.). So don't judge.
  • WednesdaySurf
    Options
    Mmmmmmm. Spin.
    I enjoyed my spin class.. Girl name Holly taught. She had a pony tail that would swing around. And she would scream at me to work harder... She would have made a good wife.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options

The key to enjoying spin is the instructor and the music. I find that if the music is great, I can pretty much do anything.

THIS!! A bad instructor or lousy music can really kill it. But, the combination of both really does get you going! I go every saturday and i LOVE the instructor. He's cute too, which helps :)
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I LOVE SPINNING! I currently go twice a week, about 45-50 minutes on the bike. It is AWESOME!
    I'm still building my endurance, but it really is totally worth checking out a class if you have access to one. The time flies, and I always feel like a million bucks after a session!
    Even if it's your first few classes and you have to stay "in the saddle" for some of it, no worries. You still get a great workout!
    I highly recommend getting tight pants/shorts/capris for the bike (I bought mine from Target, the Champion Power Core black capris, but always check the clearance rack!) and if your a busty girl, a nice supportive top is needed!
    A towel and a bottle for the bike, and you're ready to go!
    Let us know how it goes if you take the plunge!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first spin class tonight!!! Very nervous as I remember the bum and lady part pain from when I tried it 10 years ago!

I know when I first started, I was thinking "My lady bits really got beat up on this!"
    That bike should have bought me dinner first, ha ha.
  • bernicesmission
    Options
    Hi i am also new to spinning, tried it a few months ago hurt like hell so didnt bother, but now im trying to do it 3 times a week and yes i was saddle sore but my problem is my joints.. knees and ankles a day after a spin class my knees are swollen, I am 250 pounds so alot of strain on joints. I push myself standing up as much as possible and then when im getting ready to buckle i sit down but i still keep my speed. Its a good fun class and i can feel the strength building in my legs.
    I would recommend it to anyone any size just stick with it!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    your pelvic floor will hurt in ways you didn't think were possible. You're body will get used to spinning and this will stop.
  • flyyychick
    Options
    I'm too chicken to try it. smh I went to a class one day, saw all of the people getting on their bikes with towels and water looking ever so confident and I got intimidated and ran out. I'm laughing at how I must have looked now that I think about it. Maybe I'll get the nerve to try it again someday.
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love spin! I discovered it about a month ago, have taken about 8 classes so far and simply cannot stay away. Thus far, I've never experienced a workout that challenges me in that way AND burns SO many calories in SUCH a short span of time. Every class, I literally think to myself, "What the hell have I gotten myself into?", but once I get thru it, I feel amazing! I never thought that someone my size (252 lbs now, 265 when I started going to spin) could make it through those classes, but it's possible. What I really like about Spinning is that it is a truly customizable workout. You go as fast or as slow as you want. Your ride is YOUR ride and the point is to finish the ride, no matter what. I would encourage anyone thinking about trying it out to go for it. You will hurt in places you never thought possible, but the more you ride, the less painful it is.
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have done it a few times. If the instructor and the music are good, the class goes by fast. Bring a towel and water, you will need it.
    Also I brought a gel seat cover because my butt was killing me. Good luck!
  • MayaLove1
    MayaLove1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love spin class! do it!