StrongLifter Planning 2nd Pregnancy...

Options
13»

Replies

• BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I also hope you get your drinking under control before you go for baby #2.
    LOL, hell no. I love my alcohol and will drink whenever where ever...........lol

Ummmm. That's concerning.

That was pure sarcasm my dear.....as for the prior post quitting alcohol to become healthy - it was only ruining my diet 2-3 times each year. Out of those 2-3 time, 2-3 days in a row were involved. That DOES have a part in my diet eff ups but so do the days that I just plain go over cals. Anyways, I am working on myself everyday, I have put all previous excuses behind me. I am going to get pregnant again and im going to continue to lift heavy with the go ahead from my doc. I want this pregnancy to be a good one with minimal weight to lose post partum.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    If any person has what it takes, then yes they can. And if i wanted to do it I would make sure i get what it takes and do it. BUT that's not what i want - not my goal. What I really meant, is if a woman can have 2 kids and then look better than prepreg when postpartum, then so can I and anyone for that matter. As long as they work hard and never give up. Right? Yuppers! Isn't that how you got better postpartum? Worked hard and never gave up? But then took it a step ahead and became a bodybuilder?

I've seen the other topics you've started and the quality information you have dismissed on there. Until you learn to do outside research and not ask these threads you'll probably never make progress.

Guess what! Big surprise for YOU!

I AM making progress! Awesome progress! I am very happy about it :)
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    LOL, hell no. I love my alcohol and will drink whenever where ever...........lol

That was pure sarcasm my dear.....as for the prior post quitting alcohol to become healthy - it was only ruining my diet 2-3 times each year. Out of those 2-3 time, 2-3 days in a row were involved. That DOES have a part in my diet eff ups but so do the days that I just plain go over cals. Anyways, I am working on myself everyday, I have put all previous excuses behind me. I am going to get pregnant again and im going to continue to lift heavy with the go ahead from my doc. I want this pregnancy to be a good one with minimal weight to lose post partum.

Ah. Literally no one picked up on that sarcasm. Probably because joking about parenting like that really isn't funny. *shrug*

I don't care if you drink alcohol. I drink every weekend. What made me "lol" was the fact that you said you weren't going to get your drinking under control (which implies you drink often), but then you had a post stating it was only a few times a year. Prior to knowing it was apparently a sarcastic comment, the two threads were contradictory.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options

Ah. Literally no one picked up on that sarcasm. Probably because joking about parenting like that really isn't funny. *shrug*

I don't care if you drink alcohol. I drink every weekend. What made me "lol" was the fact that you said you weren't going to get your drinking under control (which implies you drink often), but then you had a post stating it was only a few times a year. Prior to knowing it was apparently a sarcastic comment, the two threads were contradictory.

Best of luck with your pregnancy.
    Thank you for the luck :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I didn't lift while pregnant.

I've had 3 kids.

Pre-PG: 165-170
    #1: Gained 25
    post #1: 165 by 8 months
    #2: Gained 25
    post #2: 145 by 12 months
    #3: Gained 45
    post #3: 150 (then I bulked).

I also think I look better now than I did before I had children.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I didn't lift while pregnant.

I've had 3 kids.

Pre-PG: 165-170
    #1: Gained 25
    post #1: 165 by 8 months
    #2: Gained 25
    post #2: 145 by 12 months
    #3: Gained 45
    post #3: 150 (then I bulked).

I also think I look better now than I did before I had children.
    Awesome! And prob ALOT of hardwork diet and exercise and consistency for long period of time.....
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wow...the sarcasm almost put me off of the thread, but I thought maybe my personal experience would be beneficial (I might be wrong).
    First pregnancy I worked out until I was 8 months...and then I walked. I was power lifting and coaching power lifting. I ran. I rode my bike. I rowed as a sub on a rowing team. I completed a 40 mile bike ride at 6 months preggo...felt great. Started to walk at 8 months because I gained ALOT of weight in the last couple months and my knees and ankles hurt.

Second pregnancy I was too f-ing tired to do more than walk. My first was 2 and I was working fulltime and going to school (and keeping house, and keeping my husband almost happy). It has taken me 4 years to get within 10 pounds of my pre-pre-pregnancy weight. I am back to lifting. It is a slow road, but doable...and although I work out hard, my body will never look as it did pre-pregnancy. I am 10 years older and my skin is scarred and stretched, and I love my kids anyways and unconditionally:heart: . :wink:
    Best of luck.:drinker:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Wow...the sarcasm almost put me off of the thread, but I thought maybe my personal experience would be beneficial (I might be wrong).
    First pregnancy I worked out until I was 8 months...and then I walked. I was power lifting and coaching power lifting. I ran. I rode my bike. I rowed as a sub on a rowing team. I completed a 40 mile bike ride at 6 months preggo...felt great. Started to walk at 8 months because I gained ALOT of weight in the last couple months and my knees and ankles hurt.

Second pregnancy I was too f-ing tired to do more than walk. My first was 2 and I was working fulltime and going to school (and keeping house, and keeping my husband almost happy). It has taken me 4 years to get within 10 pounds of my pre-pre-pregnancy weight. I am back to lifting. It is a slow road, but doable...and although I work out hard, my body will never look as it did pre-pregnancy. I am 10 years older and my skin is scarred and stretched, and I love my kids anyways and unconditionally:heart: . :wink:
    Best of luck.:drinker:
    Thanks for sharing your story...I didn't do much exercise at all with my first pregnancy. I felt REALLY uncomfortable doing anything. Especially the 8th month when my feet were triple the size. Had to sleep on couch with feet elevated........omg!!! Hated it!!! Anyways, ive been active postpartum and i wanna stay active for this 2nd pregancy. I gained 70lbs for my first. I wanna aim for 25lbs this time. No extreme ****!
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm just tagging to follow because I am pretty much in the same boat.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story...I didn't do much exercise at all with my first pregnancy. I felt REALLY uncomfortable doing anything. Especially the 8th month when my feet were triple the size. Had to sleep on couch with feet elevated........omg!!! Hated it!!! Anyways, ive been active postpartum and i wanna stay active for this 2nd pregancy. I gained 70lbs for my first. I wanna aim for 25lbs this time. No extreme ****!

I ended up with a 80 pound weight gain in the first pregnancy. 40 pounds were from the last three months. I lost all of the weight but 5 pounds by the time I was pregnant the second time, and gained 60 pounds the second time. Luckily I was in the best shape in my life before I got pregnant, and although I was heavy as a young person, I wasn't when I got pregnant. Like I said, I am working towards that goal now...another year or so. Life sometimes gets in the way of my goals...
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I am confused at the 32 part... what does that mean?

But anyway, you absolutely have to consult a doctor about this question because every single woman as a different medical history that needs to be considered. I would wager to guess you are going to be able to maintain your current routine for early to mid pregnancy.. Once you are in later pregnancy, I would guess issues of balance would come into play and you'll have to do modified versions. But again, you probably won't be able to add more weight -- just maintain what you are already doing.

But I am not a doctor. Also, you have no idea how you'll feel while you're pregnant either. I think you'd be best off talking with your doctor and figure out a few different work out plans.

32 is getting a little up there for having children in my book. Especially is u wanna aim to get a nice body back.....

Right. Having a child at 35 means you are totally doomed to live out the rest of your life as a frumpy mommy.

This whole tread is a whole lot of :noway:
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    I am confused at the 32 part... what does that mean?

But anyway, you absolutely have to consult a doctor about this question because every single woman as a different medical history that needs to be considered. I would wager to guess you are going to be able to maintain your current routine for early to mid pregnancy.. Once you are in later pregnancy, I would guess issues of balance would come into play and you'll have to do modified versions. But again, you probably won't be able to add more weight -- just maintain what you are already doing.

But I am not a doctor. Also, you have no idea how you'll feel while you're pregnant either. I think you'd be best off talking with your doctor and figure out a few different work out plans.

32 is getting a little up there for having children in my book. Especially is u wanna aim to get a nice body back.....

Right. Having a child at 35 means you are totally doomed to live out the rest of your life as a frumpy mommy.

This whole tread is a whole lot of :noway:

I believe it's better and easier to have children closer to the 30 mark for on the older end....thats all im saying.
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm just tagging to follow because I am pretty much in the same boat.

Until I read all of the other madness on here :huh: ... I just want to have another baby and I fully intend on continuing to lift while pregnant unless my doctor tells me no.