Apps

Hello, which app would you recomend?

I am looking for pedometer to count steps, distance and calories burned, but I would also like something that gives me a daily challenge (if such exists).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

Thanks

Replies

• Nix_Way
    Nix_Way Posts: 201 Member
    I just bought the Fitbit Force! I'm still waiting for it to get here. It tracks steps taken, stairs climbed, calories burned, and is a watch (which I think is cool feature) and it is a sleep tracker! All in one.

Go to Fitbit.com and watch the video on the Fitbit Force. They have a bunch of different products too. Its pretty cool.

Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Runkeeper keeps up with distance, etc. It can let you set goals and has a relationship with Active.com where you can earn free things.

Couch-to-5K runs you through a program with a virtual trainer to push you through each workout.

Polar Beat works with a Polar heart rate monitor to track heart rate and distance.
  • I got the Fitbit Flex for a competition at work a few months ago, even though the completion is over I’m still using it. It notifies you when you reach your goal of steps for the day and looking at the wristband you can get a general idea of how close you are. It has an app that works with IPhone and some Android devices that will give real time updates for steps, distance & active time, if your phone isn’t compatible you can always see this on the website.
    If I was to buy one now it would be the Force, it does everything that the Flex does plus more.
  • healthykae
    healthykae Posts: 190 Member
    Couch-to-5k and myfitnesspal. Can anyone recommend any others? What about Mapmyride etc?
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    FitBit. Not only can you set personal goals, you can also compete with others.

It's very accurate (for a pedometer) and the support is GREAT! My wife washed hers, and they sent her a replacement for free!
  • I don't know a lot about pedometer apps, but a friend of mine has a FitBit and she loves it. I use Zombies, Run! for my walks/runs. It's super fun. It's a game and exercising all in one. There is a couch to 5k version of Zombies, Run as well, if you aren't a runner. And sometimes with the regular app, I just walk fast instead of running. I'm not a full blown runner yet but I'm getting there! It gives you a story line to follow, and in the regular app, you can do zombie chases. You can also play your own music to listen to while you run. It tracks your mileage (or steps if you're using a treadmill). And on the website, you can see a map of where you went, your speeds, and calories burned.