"Regular Women" in Lingerie....Opinions?

Options

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but notice that the host seemed like she found it amusing as she spoke about it.
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!! My biggest concern while trying to become more healthy is to embrace and love the body I am in each day as it changes. Thank you for sharing.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Depends on what they are doing with it. Campaign to help women feel better about their image,ok that's great.
    Sales campaign, doesn't work, not for me anyway. I want to think I'm going to look more like that sexy lingerie model when I buy their expensive items.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Meh, I don't like it. It seems to me they are saying if you are in shape, or thin then you aren't "regular". Maybe if they showed women of all body types.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't like it. It seems to me they are saying if you are in shape, or thin then you aren't "regular". Maybe if they showed women of all body types.

exactly! LOVE the idea, HATE the execution. regular women can be skinny & gorgeous or fat & ugly or skinny & ugly or fat & gorgeous. don't make pretty skinny people seem "not regular"

but still, great idea. thanks for sharing.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I find lingerie to be a waste. But if it makes you feel better about yourself, by all means, wear it.
  • aliencheesecake
    aliencheesecake Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I didn't watch the video, but that's what I got from the pics... Is "overweight" the new "regular?"
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Glorifying obesity and alienating women with smaller body types. Really inspirational. Thanks Huff Post!
  • pastelraindrops
    Options
    I think it was focusing on what is left out. Bigger bodies aren't shown much while fit and thin is what is "ideal". Like a campaign showing same sex couples but leaves out straight because the point is to show the under privileged party. I think the name 'regular women" is misleading
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Glorifying obesity and alienating women with smaller body types. Really inspirational. Thanks Huff Post!

That seems to be the new thing now. When you think about it, people who take care of themselves are the minority. Hell, a lot of the times it is frowned upon. "You don't need to eat that, you are already thin", but they don't think that the reason you are thin is because you are eating "that" and not junk.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    I think it was focusing on what is left out. Bigger bodies aren't shown much while fit and thin is what is "ideal". Like a campaign showing same sex couples but leaves out straight because the point is to show the under privileged party. I think the name 'regular women" is misleading

Yeah, I understand the purpose, but they need a new title. And show a variety of women, not just bigger bodies.
  • bunnybutler29
    Options
    I dont think they are alienating thin women or glorifying plus sized women. They are merely showing what most if not all ad companies will not post. Considering there are so many obese people in the world and well not just obese but like the video stated" women with scars, ,lumps, bumps, stretch marks." Whatever. The women who have not been airbrushed or digitally touched up by a computer. Too each their own, but like I say no matter what age, size, and imperfection you should own it, love it, work it. :flowerforyou:

@ the gym I see ur point about the title, but what I dont get is why people sound soooo bent out of shape about it.. My other point is yes overweight is unhealthy. That is not an argument. I was also getting at that whoever u are men and women at whatever body type love urself and be DAMNED with the haters. Soo to break it down for some. That means if u r skinny and get **** for it..**** everyone who has a problem with it. If u r bigger (plus size) and others have something negative to say then screw them too.
  • TheGymGypsy
    Options

That seems to be the new thing now. When you think about it, people who take care of themselves are the minority. Hell, a lot of the times it is frowned upon. "You don't need to eat that, you are already thin", but they don't think that the reason you are thin is because you are eating "that" and not junk.

I think calling any body type "normal" or "regular" is absolutely offensive. Am I some kind of unusual freak because I don't look like them? Whether they were thin women or fat women, it is wrong to lump them into the norm. All bodies are unique and beautiful.
  • TheGymGypsy
    Options
    I dont think they are alienating thin women or glorifying plus sized women. They are merely showing what most if not all ad companies will not post. Considering there are so many obese people in the world and well not just obese but like the video stated" women with scars, ,lumps, bumps, stretch marks." Whatever. The women who have not been airbrushed or digitally touched up by a computer. Too each their own, but like I say no matter what age, size, and imperfection you should own it, love it, work it. :flowerforyou:

Then they should have titled the article "Un-airbrushed women with lumps and bumps in lingerie" and not "Regular women wearing lingerie" .
  • Mustgetbuff
    Mustgetbuff Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You can be big and beautiful, but I don't think you can be big and healthy. Every woman should love their body regardless of size but at some point we have to admit that an unhealthy lifestyle is being pursued that is likely going to cause negative consequences down the line.
  • markpmc
    markpmc Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sales campaign targeted at big girls. Be Brave buy our stuff ....
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    If overweight is the new regular, I'd like to be out of fashion, please. Thank you.
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can be big and beautiful, but I don't think you can be big and healthy. Every woman should love their body regardless of size but at some point we have to admit that an unhealthy lifestyle is being pursued that is likely going to cause negative consequences down the line.

it depends on what you define as "big". i'm healthy as a horse and well in my "healthy" bmi AND BF% and i have 42 inch hips. I wear a size 14. To MOST people, that's big. in reality, i just have some "child-bearing hips" on me.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Great idea for video. Bad execution and title of the article.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    If overweight is the new regular, I'd like to be out of fashion, please. Thank you.

But....but.....don't you want to fit in!?! *hands you a big mac*