New here and just trying to get started

Options
My doctor actually suggested this for me , I have hit an all time high in weight.I am small framed and weight was never an issue until I hit 40, then when 50 came along plus meds havent helped, I put on the pounds. I really dont exercise and find it nearly impossible with back issues, but hopefully just losing some pounds and starting to build up core strength I can get some fitness in...baby steps.

Replies

• BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Add me if you'd like!! I wish you nothing but good luck on this journey!! :-)
  • yoriemomof4
    Options
    Thank you !:smile:
  • tom004
    Options
    Hello,

I'm a father of 4 that started today, in an attempt to get my health back. I'm brand new to this site, but I'm motivated.

Lifted weights this morning and walked for 35 minutes.
  • WhisperingCloud
    WhisperingCloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think you will be surprised by the results that you get, even without excersizing, if you stick to it, and record everything! Welcome to MFP!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Sounds like me. MFP was very helpful - lost everything I'd gained since I was 20. I wish I did this 15 years ago.

It's not hard, it doesn't even take willpower. You just need to be a steady persistent logger and follow the instructions.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. My advice would be to jump right in and take full advantage of MFP. Make your profile all pretty and inspiring; add some friends. Log in daily, and log everything you eat. Don't worry about exercise right now. Do what you can. The weight will come off if you have a calorie deficit at the end of the week. Good luck. :)
  • gigijr331
    gigijr331 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I moved from the eastcoast to the westcoast 4 years ago and have not stop eating since. I have packed on 62 pounds and now the doctors label me obese. Well they are right. I am a strong willed person and I had allowed this to happen, so now it's time to me honest with myself and do something about it. For me its not a problem of will power it's more emotional eating from boredom. Well Hello to all and I am excited to take this journey with you.
  • jonogp
    Options
    Wishing you luck. Many on MFP are great support and really want to see you succeed. Add me if you would like!
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options
    Hey there! Welcome, feel free to add. Wishing you luck~ :)
  • bondgirl129
    Options
    Welcome to the fun house. Just take it baby steps at a time. Feel free to add!