Before and After: 83 lbs lost in 15 months

Options
13»

Replies

• BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for sharing! I hope to someday be at my goal and be brave enough to share my "before".
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to update, because I just hit 101 lbs lost :) 36 more to go to goal (125). So psyched :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Heck yea - be proud of your accomplishment! Thank you for shraing, you deserve credit for your hard work and determination! congratulations!
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • dreamer12151
    dreamer12151 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Hot skippy!! Great job!!!

And I like your advice is so "normal", nothing like "I gave up all food for flax oil pills and twigs that naturally fell in my yard & I work out 3 hours a day..." A real woman living in the real world, making real decisions...and looking really damn good!
  • ChristinaOrtiz23
    ChristinaOrtiz23 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    omg you look amazing!!
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You look amazing:)
  • most realistic testimonial ever, Im 56 yrs old and I have been working on loosing weight since 2010, I have only lost 43 lbs, but I have not given up and I never will.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Fab weightloss...and fab shoes!
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Hot skippy!! Great job!!!

And I like your advice is so "normal", nothing like "I gave up all food for flax oil pills and twigs that naturally fell in my yard & I work out 3 hours a day..." A real woman living in the real world, making real decisions...and looking really damn good!

haha, thanks. Yeah, that's basically it - I reduced my portions, ate healthier, and exercised. I've had people ask me how I did it, and when I tell them that, sometimes they look vaguely disappointed. Like they're thinking - wait, I have to WORK for it? It's not that new cow uterus enzyme?

Keep at it LifeJacket - 43 lbs is a lot!

I appreciate everyone's replies. Part of me wants to take new progress pics now - I actually have hips! And a figure! But I'm only 36 lbs away, i think I want to save it and make a new thread when I hit goal.

One thing about losing weight if you're starting out pretty big - don't stress about loose skin. I was driving myself crazy with that for a while - 'what if I end up with a ton of loose skin, what if I lose weight but because of the skin I still don't look good", ect. Well now that I'm close to goal I can see that I will have some loose skin, but also that it won't be as bad as I imagined, and more importantly - it's not the end of the world, and even with it, I still look a million times better than I used to. Loose skin, smoosh skin - who CARES? I can go on rides at fairs now :) Guys flirt with me, it's easy to move, I can run, and hop over puddles. I can breathe at night. I find pleasure in so many things other than food now. Honestly, who gives a **** about some loose skin?

As for motivation when things get hard - I have this pinned to the wall in my kitchen :)

xyRJRTl.jpg
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Way to go. You are such an inspiration. Keep up the good work.
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your blog was just what a sister needed today. You look great. CONGRATULATIONS! I am on this journey and looking forward to see results when I reach my destination of A Thinner Me.
  • floridared
    floridared Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Will refer back to this motivational blog from time to time. Encouraging and inspiring. . You did your thing and I am proud of you. Would like to have you as a MFP friend. Sending a request with hopes you will accept. :-)
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Thanks, I added you :)
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Great job!!! Love before and afters!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!