anyone have a prob going to the BR?!

Options
2»

Replies

• LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this I was just complaining about this the other day to my mom lol....My problem is since I've cut out alot of the fastfood and am eating healthier my body seem all messed up..My stomach kills me and I am so not regular anymore...Will definitely have to check out the flax seed oil.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    that activia yogurt with BL regularis always gets me :P
  • Jenn421
    Jenn421 Posts: 56
    Options
    uh what i do is i have benfiber and you add it to your drink and it makes a big difference make u feel much better and its not expesive hope it helps!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    falx seeds for sure! I have eaten them all sorts of crazy ways that I never thought I would. They are good on salads not chopped up. Or my fiance brought some home ground up and they go good in your coffee, over cereal, in oatmeal... etc. Anywhere from no taste to a nice nutty flavor. You can also get flax seed supplements. :)

oh!! i forgot that they make the supplements!!! do you know how many mg i would have to take a day?!?!

The flaxseed oil supplement won't do much good in the poo dept., it will give you healthy Omega 3 fatty acids though! I'm a fan of Shakeology. I drink that and within 15 minutes I'm in the bathroom.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this I was just complaining about this the other day to my mom lol....My problem is since I've cut out alot of the fastfood and am eating healthier my body seem all messed up..My stomach kills me and I am so not regular anymore...Will definitely have to check out the flax seed oil.

i know it surely messes with your system!!! i just had to post it!! and glad that i did cuz i've gotten some really good ideas :)
  • tjradd73
    Options
    falx seeds for sure! I have eaten them all sorts of crazy ways that I never thought I would. They are good on salads not chopped up. Or my fiance brought some home ground up and they go good in your coffee, over cereal, in oatmeal... etc. Anywhere from no taste to a nice nutty flavor. You can also get flax seed supplements. :)

oh!! i forgot that they make the supplements!!! do you know how many mg i would have to take a day?!?!

The flaxseed oil supplement won't do much good in the poo dept., it will give you healthy Omega 3 fatty acids though! I'm a fan of Shakeology. I drink that and within 15 minutes I'm in the bathroom.

what exactly is shakeology???
  • cathie4686
    cathie4686 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    At least 30 gms per day. Incorporate lots of veggies and drink plenty of water.
  • chickcounselor
    Options
    I recommend taking a Metamucil supplement. It keeps you regular and is supposed to be good for cholesterol, digestion, and your heart. It's fiber when you aren't getting enough through food. Suggestion: the serving size says 6 capsules but you will likely only need one. If one isn't enough, increase from there. God bless!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks so much to all of you lovely people!!! i really appreciate all of the info!
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So, to put it bluntly.. the less you eat, the less you poop.. the healthier you eat, the less you poop.. Don't worry too much, unless you become constipated. Then, start with the most gentle relief first (more water, fruit, etc), and work your way up (OTC stool softeners) if no result. Your body is a truly efficient machine. Most of the time it knows what it is doing. It is possible to become dependant on laxatives, so use them wisely. (I work with the geriatric and chronically ill (ICU RN)... Trust me on this, don't abuse laxatives, I have seen the end of that line, and it is NOT pretty.. =)
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruit, vegtables, fiber.
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Somebody probably already mentioned this, but I definitely second the fiber. I also make sure I get a lot of fiber every day. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water. A gallon a day. :-)

Someone mentioned prunes. Have you tried those orange essence prunes? Oh wow!! They are fabulous! Five of those a day should help you out pretty quickly! If your store doesn't have the orange essence or lemon essence ones, shop around for them, they're worth the trip! :-) Regular ones are good, too, but I prefer the orange and lemon ones.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    Somebody probably already mentioned this, but I definitely second the fiber. I also make sure I get a lot of fiber every day. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water. A gallon a day. :-)

Someone mentioned prunes. Have you tried those orange essence prunes? Oh wow!! They are fabulous! Five of those a day should help you out pretty quickly! If your store doesn't have the orange essence or lemon essence ones, shop around for them, they're worth the trip! :-) Regular ones are good, too, but I prefer the orange and lemon ones.

i am gonna def up my fiber!! and someone else suggested prunes so i think that i will give that a try since im not a big fan of veggies!! thanks so much :)
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Going for a run keeps me regular.
  • ActionJackson
    Options
    I take fiber in pill form like Fibercon as daily maintenance. I started gassing up and that took care of it for me. Start with half a pill or Metamucil if you've never done it before.