Women and Weights

Options
Hi all!

I was just wondering whether there was anyone out there who doesn't necessarily do Crossfit but does lots of weights at the gym?

I do a lot of clean and jerks, deadlifts, starting with chin ups, lots of kettlebell complexes etc

I am looking for motivational friends who lift as well so we can cheer each other on, as most of MFP friends mostly do cardio only.

Anyone out there like that?

Cheers!

Replies

• SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    women+weight training=win for all
  • Buhbee
    Buhbee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do circuit training and just bought some heavier weights. I would love to try crossfit but they would probably have to carry me out of the gym lol.
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy with my trainer. No crossfit for me.
    Add me as a friend if you want.

I dont eat clean all the time though. Actually I probably only eat clean 1/2 the time. I still lose weight at a rate of at least 1 lb a week. (only have 2 more to go before I start maintenance!!!)
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy but also love running as I'm legally blind and feels like freedom to me!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy 4-5 days a week. Not so much on the free weights, but definitely more a lifting girl than cardio.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    In for lifting heavy things ★
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of heavy lifting and circuits. I also do crossfit a couple times a week. Feel free to add me :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    lots of heavy lifting here. yay.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Lots of lady lifters on here
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like women who lift.

I can't get Mrs. Clause to do it though, she's scared of being bulky.
  • ernurse77
    ernurse77 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me! I lift heavy and I love every single second of it! My favs are squats & dead lifts. Last week I was able to dead lift 175lbs for 2 sets of 5 reps. Squats I'm still trying to increase past 135lbs.
  • Italianma7
    Italianma7 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE THE KETTLEBELL :love: :love: :love:
  • tiddles_yeah
    tiddles_yeah Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I do weights training!!!! and i LOVE IT!!!

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the lifting side of things and have quite a few injuries that stop me from going too hard to fast, but I am focussing a lot more on weights than cardio this time around and building up my strength and enjoying it too ;) so feel free to add me :)
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    Hi,

I enjoy a variety of workouts - typically I alternate between running or the elliptical and on alternating days i work with weights / cardio. I also use a circuit gym - specifically following my elliptical workouts. Everything that I've read indicates that some type of workouts with weights is a necessity as we age... & I just turned 40. In short, I don't do Crossfit, but I do try to include weight training 3 to 4 times a week.

Feel free to friend me.

Take care,
    Crystal
  • healthismygame2
    Options

LOVE LOVE THE KETTLEBELL :love: :love: :love:

Yep, I enjoy the Kettlebell, too. :wink: :smile:
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I love weights. I don't do CF either but I take Circuit classes that involves lifting. Other then that I also take kettlebell classes and hot pilates.
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I lift heavy and don't do crossfit. I just started stronglifts 5x5 about a month ago. feel free to add me! :)
  • jesmith86
    Options
    I do circuit training and just bought some heavier weights. I would love to try crossfit but they would probably have to carry me out of the gym lol.

Ha ha ha I would be the same, I had a look at the pricing for it and its expensive!!!!!! nearly $200 per month!!!!! So I have a personal trainer who does a lot of that type of stuff which is fantastic
  • jesmith86
    Options
    Me! I lift heavy and I love every single second of it! My favs are squats & dead lifts. Last week I was able to dead lift 175lbs for 2 sets of 5 reps. Squats I'm still trying to increase past 135lbs.

That's awesome!!!!! I love dead lifts too! this morning I dead lifted 77kgs (170pounds) 3 sets of 5 and I also love clean and jerks, over the next few weeks we will be working on my front squats and one day I want to do a full pull up!