I didn't gain wight, I dont get it?!

Options
So for the last 2 weeks of so i have been over my calorie limit almost every single day, as in there may have been 2 or 3 days where i wasn't over, and when i say over i mean by about 500 calories a day or so. But for some reason, when i wighed in this morning i hadent gained any weight, My weight stayed exactly the same.

So i dont get it, has this happened to anyone else, honestly im confused, im not complaining, but im confused.

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    A calorie deficit is built into your goal for the day. By going over however much you were and not gaining means you were eating at maintenance.
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    When i mean i at over my calorie limit i mean i ate up to maintenance and beyond. This is why i am confused.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    3500 calories over maintenance is a lb of fat. If you eat under some days and over on others, you're at....or close to maintenance.
  • godsgrl33
    godsgrl33 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Maybe you burned more than you thought in workouts, or were more active some of the days? Or, maybe you overestimated the calories?
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    I still estimated i would have gained about 1.5 lbs...maybe i did miscalculate. Still i should have gained something because even when i ate under maintenance i wasn't that under.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body was burning more during that week .. We're you more active than usual?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what do you perceive to be your maintenance amount in calories? How did you come to this number? How much exactly did you eat to be "above" maintenance?
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    I wasn't anymore active then usual no.

Well im 116.8 lbs as of today, and im 5'3 and 22 years old. Im sedentary all day accept for when i workout which is really just a lot of cardio. When i dont workout i assume my maintenance is about 1500 calories, when i do that jumps to about 1800 calories per day (this is an estimation on my part). I like my cardio and i admit i'm obsessive about it, i do between 1- 1.5 hours 5 days a week. There were some days when i ate as much as 2500 - 3000 calories which is why i anticipated a gain of some sort.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You have 12 LBS to lose? Not a surprise.
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    Well i don't have 12 lbs to lose anymore, that was starting from when i made this account. Now i have about 3 lbs to lose, iv been stuck at 3 lbs for a while however...
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Are you using a digital scale to weigh literally everything you eat and drink to know for certain how many calories you've been actually consuming?
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    I am not no, i measure foods with mesuring cups but i dont have a food scale so i never weigh anything i eat. However in saying this i have been calorie counting for about 3 years now and i have been able to lose and maintain as desired so i sort of assume my calculations are fairly accurate, or at least accurate enough. I had to gain some weight back for health reasons just over a year ago, i may have gained a little to much in the process for my personal liking, i felt really uncomfortable with the extra wight so this is just me losing a few of the last pounds.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Well i don't have 12 lbs to lose anymore, that was starting from when i made this account. Now i have about 3 lbs to lose, iv been stuck at 3 lbs for a while however...
    Again, not surprised. The last few can be a challenge.
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    They can be indeed. Iv been struggling with them for a couple months. Im a bit of an emotional eater however...and these few months have been somewhat difficult/super emotional. If i set my mind to it the three pounds would melt away quite easily, but then reality gets in the way. But im confident i can in fact lose them, it might just take a while.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    They can be indeed. Iv been struggling with them for a couple months. Im a bit of an emotional eater however...and these few months have been somewhat difficult/super emotional. If i set my mind to it the three pounds would melt away quite easily, but then reality gets in the way. But im confident i can in fact lose them, it might just take a while.
    Perhaps you should shift your focus? Measurements instead of pounds? How your pants feel? How you feel?
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    I have considered this yes, i also have my measurements recorded, needless to say they haven't changed in the past few months. The thing is if i go based on how i feel it varies, a lot. Some days i feel like i shouldn't bother with the last few pounds and other days i feel like i really just need to get rid of them and be done with losing and get back to maintaining. Even losing these last three pounds which gets me to 115lbs still means being about 10 pounds heavier then my lowest wight (104), and i know that 104 was unhealthy and too low, but i can still see a noticeable difference that im not to happy with between then and now.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I wasn't anymore active then usual no.

Well im 116.8 lbs as of today, and im 5'3 and 22 years old. Im sedentary all day accept for when i workout which is really just a lot of cardio. When i dont workout i assume my maintenance is about 1500 calories, when i do that jumps to about 1800 calories per day (this is an estimation on my part). I like my cardio and i admit i'm obsessive about it, i do between 1- 1.5 hours 5 days a week. There were some days when i ate as much as 2500 - 3000 calories which is why i anticipated a gain of some sort.

Here's your stats from http://thefitgirls.com/tdee-calculator.aspx

BMR 1350
    TDEE 2093.

This is based on the fact that you exercise five days w week.

I also used this calculator: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

BMR 1350
    TDEE 2329

This is based on the fact that you exercise five days a week.

Your numbers are way off.
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    Wow, thats kind of eye opening. I have never been good at estimating exercise calories. When i first lost the bulk of my wight i did it without exercise so it was never something i had to factor in. I know that the machines are inaccurate at the gym, and i know that MFP calculations aren't great to go by either at they tend to overestimate calories burned, or so iv heard.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    It has a way of catching up. Just like there are weight loss 'plateaus' so there are weight gain 'plateaus'. Fear not! Your body IS keeping track!
  • jenniferb_00
    Options
    Ha ha, fair enough, i suppose that makes some sense. Im hoping my body just forgets about the last couple weeks. Wishful thinking i know.