New and looking for support

Options
Hello! I'm Justine. 25 y.o. graduate student. Continuing a weight loss journey I started many years ago. In high school I was a 22 wide and by the end of my undergrad I had reached a size 12. My weight at my heaviest was close to 270 or so and has fluctuated the last two years between 190 and 215. I am looking, however, to make health my main priority with weight loss being a potential bonus. I did set a goal weight of 170 here but I believe there are many factors more important than the number on the scale.

Anyway, I am hoping to find a strong online support network. I have a great deal of support IRL from my boyfriend, family, etc. While they are incredibly supportive few of them have had serious struggles with their weight (my bf and brothers/sister are all quite fit/healthy). I would like to be able to talk to others who really understand the sometimes daily struggle of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• njungers
    njungers Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, girl! I, too, am interested in finding a network of cyber buddies to help motivate me and help keep me accountable. Would love to help support you as well!
  • rebeccasmom219
    Options
    Looking to have a support group. Hope that I can help u and have u possibly help motivate me
  • rebeccasmom219
    Options
    Motivation is key. It's hard for me. Maybe we can help each other
  • medievalchick
    Options
    I would be interested as well. Maybe we can friend each other on here then we know each other has done their workout and food diary?
  • WhisperingCloud
    WhisperingCloud Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! A lot of people are more than happy to join in conversations about eating healthy, but if they don't understand what it's like to be heavy, they start looking at you like you're crazy once you go in depth talking about being hard-core about losing weight. I love MFP because. if nothing else, I can get on here and say, "God, I'm so hungry, and I've already reached my calorie limit for the day." And people will understand, and offer suggestions, and support, that make you want to stick to your goals, and not throw in the towel, because its not just you out there.
  • healthismygame2
    Options
    I understand completely. Initially my weight loss goal was to lose 76 lbs (from 238 to 162); however, I have lost more than that. In fact, while I feel great and am VERY happy with my progress according to all the stats I'm still considered overweight. Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend. I love being a cheerleader for others :smile: and encouraging people (especially when it comes to health.

My journey began 6/24/2011, but I'm in this for the long haul.

Best of luck to you.

Crystal
  • hrwesterberg
    hrwesterberg Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    add me!!
  • jbonifacio731
    Options
    Would love an add as well! I have a goal of dropping to 145 but of course, everyone says that's still overweight. I have a large chest so I never know how to factor that in...anyways, support is of the utmost importance in weight loss and I'm happy to help.