51 years old; 11 months; 100 pounds!!

Options
mamadon
mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
Hello all! Here is a little back ground on me. Ever since I had my youngest son 18 years ago, I have struggled with my weight. I started out around 210 pounds wayyyy back in 1995, and every year the pounds would keep piling on. I love food, I will never be one of those people who simply eat to live.
Over the years, I tried just about every diet I knew of. I did the phen-phen diet pills in the nineties, I tried Adkins, South Beach, Weight Watchers points, low fat and low sugar diets. I never lasted more than a month.
Last January, I made probably what is the most popular New Years resolution. I announced to my husband I was going to try and lose weight. He said he would join me. Honestly, I had no high expectations, no mental click went off in my head. What I did do, was try a new approach. I decided I would make it as simple as possible. I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I stayed in my calorie range. Once a month, I would allow myself to eat whatever I wanted for one day, as I thought this would help with cravings. I picked 1200 calories because I had vaguely heard this was the low for women. I told myself I would never ever quit, but that I would stop beating myself up if I fell off the wagon. Instead, I would pick myself up and carry on.
We still struggle a bit with exercising, although we joined a gym, began walking, and bought fitbits. I have learned so much over the last year from this site, reading about bmi's, tdee's etc.
As of today, I have lost 100 pounds and my husband 111 !!
You can do this!!

2i7w935.jpg

2zrickh.jpg

Replies

• ellantz8
    ellantz8 Posts: 619
    Options
    Wow that's amazing! Congratulations to the both of you! You have really changed your lives for the better. So what is your resolution going to be this year?
  • kjwalker59
    kjwalker59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    WOW! You both look great, and so happy. It is wonderful to have the support of your loved ones as you make this journey. You are both so lucky!
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you are truly an inspiration and your success gives me hope for my journey still ahead.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    You guys both look fantastic! Nice work.
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Amazing...just amazing work. Congratulations on your (both) weight loss.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing from both. Congratulations
  • nettie219
    nettie219 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow you give me such inspiration to keep going. Thank you for sharing your story. I have to lose 103 pounds. I've started with a personal trainer now and going to the gym I am loving it so much. Working out feels so great. I've lost 9 lbs. so far and I plan to keep going. This time next year I'll be down to my goal weight of 175 pounds. Can't Wait!! I CAN DO THIS!!! Happy for you both you guys look amazing and I bet you feel like a million bucks!!!!!
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to both of you! You look amazing. I too have been doing this with my husband and it has really made a big difference in our success. Keep up the great work!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Your's, and your husbands stories are so great! Congratulations! So wonderful that you are doing this together.

This site has helped so many of us that have tried over and over to lose weight.

Continued success to you both!
  • niknak2308
    niknak2308 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow, huge transformation, congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • amberkeever1
    amberkeever1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! Great great great!! I am so happy for you both :) I really wish my parents would do this. They don't have as much to lose at you guys, prolly about 60-80lbs on my mom and about 50-70lbs on my dad, but they never stick to diets and my dad has had issues with blood clots since he was in his mid 40's. So, sad to say health issues will not motivate them. MFP really does help tremendously. Congratulations on all of your successes and I hope ya'll keep up your journey to healthy :)
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Congratulations both! What an amazing achievement :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • douglasnorton
    douglasnorton Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Awesome job to the both of you!! What an inspiration for everyone!!!
  • skinnydreams29
    Options
    You guys are so motivating!!!! Congrats
  • johnsmom3
    johnsmom3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You have motivated me..thank-you, you both look great!!
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! And awesome that you did it together.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job and congrats on the weight loss! You both look fantastic!
  • berwick13
    berwick13 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    WOW what a great inspirational story. You both have your health back and look great. Congrats to both!
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    Excellent job!! Way to go!!
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wow the difference in both of you is amazing! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!