How to get pass a Plato?

Options
2»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Have you tried eating less? Yes because I was pooping hot pink

- do you use a food scale? yes but there's dried pieces of playdough on it. i think those are messing it up..

- do you log everything as accurately as possible see above

- how long have you been stalled? ever since I started eating the playdough. so... like? around 36 years.

- how much weight have you lose over the last 4 weeks and what was your average intake? zero lbs lost... average intake 3 tubs of playdough on alternate weekdays. i go to storytime the other two weekdays and on weekends disney matinees
  • 2spamagnet
    2spamagnet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Cut more calories. Eating less always works. Reset your Goals under My Home on MFP and set it back another 0.5 lb/week.

You can check your current, or your new MFP number here:
    http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Put in your stats, and check your BMR. This is the amount of calories your body needs if you do nothing all day but rest. You can add activity multipliers (20% up to 100%) depending on how active you are during the day (excluding exercise), but if you eat at your BMR or slightly below, and you have more than the minimum essential body fat amount (5% for men, 10% - 13% for women), your body will use stored fat to make up the calorie differences.

3,500 calories = 1 lb of fat. If you have a daily deficit of 500 calories/day (equals 3,500 calories per week) under the amount of calories you burn, your body will convert 1 lb of stored fat into energy.

If you do some cardio during the day, add that in under the Exercise tab and your daily calorie goal will go up by that amount for the day. Go ahead and eat that back and enjoy the hard work you did. You will still be on track to lose fat if you meet your goal for the day.

If you go over today, try to go under tomorrow. Splurge for Thanksgiving (a little bit), then skip breakfast on Friday and eat a small lunch and dinner to try to balance your excess. Look at your weekly calorie intake graph (on a mobile device, I don't think it's online) and it will tell you how much you were over or under your goal for the week on Sunday.

And calorie estimates are ESTIMATES. So if you are not losing weight and meeting your goals, then cut more. You will find a place where you will start to lose fat. Be patient and look at overall weight trends, not day to day fluctuations. Try eating 250 to 500 cal less per day for a couple weeks and see if you break through.

Hopefully this will be more useful than philosophy or astronomy. :flowerforyou:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Plato passes to Socrates, who passes to Aristotle.... Aristotle dekes the defender.... he shoots... HE SCORES!!!