Food rich in fiber ?

Options
Hi guys!
I need help on tips on stuff that contain much fiber, my daily goal is 30 and i eat like 25 and almost all fiber comes from a Questbar, so i need tips on other stuff.

Replies

• jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Here are some suggestions i found

Lentils and Beans
    Lentils and beans are some of the best sources of fiber. One cup of cooked black beans or lentils provides just over 15 grams of fiber---almost half the daily recommended intake for a man. Split peas, lima beans and baked beans are also good sources.

Artichokes
    Artichokes are high in fiber. One medium artichoke adds 10.3 fiber grams to your diet.

Raspberries
    Raspberries have more fiber content than many other fruits. In fact, one cup of raspberries provides a whopping 8 grams of fiber.

Whole Grains
    Whole grains in general contain a lot of fiber, especially pearled barley, oat bran, oatmeal, brown rice and popcorn. One cup of cooked pearled barley offers 6 grams of fiber.

Peas
    Peas are another vegetable with a lot of fiber content. One cup of cooked peas provides nearly 9 grams of fiber.
  • Mcdonkey
    Mcdonkey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here are some suggestions i found

Lentils and Beans
    Lentils and beans are some of the best sources of fiber. One cup of cooked black beans or lentils provides just over 15 grams of fiber---almost half the daily recommended intake for a man. Split peas, lima beans and baked beans are also good sources.

Artichokes
    Artichokes are high in fiber. One medium artichoke adds 10.3 fiber grams to your diet.

Raspberries
    Raspberries have more fiber content than many other fruits. In fact, one cup of raspberries provides a whopping 8 grams of fiber.

Whole Grains
    Whole grains in general contain a lot of fiber, especially pearled barley, oat bran, oatmeal, brown rice and popcorn. One cup of cooked pearled barley offers 6 grams of fiber.

Peas
    Peas are another vegetable with a lot of fiber content. One cup of cooked peas provides nearly 9 grams of fiber.
    Thx alot! =)
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    psyllium husk! I add it to my smoothie of a morning and it keeps me full til lunch. its a strange substance, thickens to a gel if you leave it sit for too long
  • Mcdonkey
    Mcdonkey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    fiber one 80 calories cereal. 9 grams of fiber per serving.

http://www.fiberone.com/products/cereal/80-calories-chocolate-cereal

To bad i live in Sweden and we dont got that here :S
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Linseed / flaxseed. Wheat bran. Mushrooms, Olives.

http://goo.gl/Jgz7Mg
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    haha I almost just said "invest in some Quest bars..."

Fiber in oatmeal, fruits, vegetables, some yogurts and you can even buy some mix to add into these food items as well.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    ALL whole unprocessed plants.
    Fruits, veggies, seeds, nuts, legumes.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    psyllium husk! I add it to my smoothie of a morning and it keeps me full til lunch. its a strange substance, thickens to a gel if you leave it sit for too long

Its great, I take a spoon full before bed every night and it keeps me regular.