Holy cookies! The fat girl in the photo is me!!

Options
It's been relatively easy to fool myself into thinking that I'm just a little overweight. Loose clothes,a mirror that only shows from the neck up, excuses mixed with elaborate plans to get in shape, and a sweet husband who likes "a little fluff". There's enough extra fluff on me to make another woman. I want to be at normal, healthy weight by my 50th birthday; giving me a little over a year to lose the extra 90lbs of fluff I've been carrying around (mostly in my back pockets). I'll encourage you ...you encourage me to get fit and healthy.

Replies

• april1445
    Options
    Add me. You're funny. I remember when I realized that my hubby and I were the fat couple on the beach. Ugh. Better now. :)
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I was in a similar position to you I was fat and fast approaching 50, but I lost the weight and I am nearly 51 and great shape for my age if I do say so myself!

Good luck on you journey:flowerforyou:
  • snejkaxo
    snejkaxo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You can do it! First step - recognize problem. Second step - find motivation within. You have both, so you are ready to succeed! Just remember that even small steps in a right direction are the right steps. So don´t get discouraged. It might take a year, it might take two, but success will follow. It took me 5 months to lose the most bulk (I have about 30 lbs extra), but it´s being another 4 months now and I´m still not at my ideal goal, and so what? I have awesome friends here. I enjoy interacting with them. It is a fun process, if you make it fun that is. I am wishing you a lot of success!!! Cheers!
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

Read and research.
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    you can do it - I did :) I never thought losing weight at nearly 50 would be as easy as it has been - we are told once we get to this age it gets harder and harder - its not true - i think we have better willpower with the knowledge that you are making your life better for your body - we know we don't have the luxury of waiting any longer - but the actual calorie counting works the same for us middle aged as it does for the young!
  • blackgold2844
    blackgold2844 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes and mirror lied to me for years too !!
  • epigirrl
    epigirrl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am using age 50 as a target for reaching weight loss and fitness goals, too. I started a couple months ago, knowing I had about 9 months to see some serious change. Feeling great about making the commitment and about my progress so far.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    first step admitting it. LOL> I remember that day. Had gone to my son's Air force graduation. Took family photos. Realized I was FAT. WOW. Got home and said. ENOUGH. Everyone said I couldn't do it. Well, I did and you will too! welcome and have fun on this journey.
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ha ha, I have was there this summer. I kept thinking oh I know I am heavy but not that fat, until I saw photos. Good luck and add me if you would like.
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    50's not far away for me! I can't look at myself in pictures. I've lost 44lbs gained back 10 after losing my focus and now back at it with 40 lbs to go. Hopefully some day I'll be able to be proud of how I look in pictures :smile:
  • newtonk520
    newtonk520 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Add me if your looking for friends
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I had a closet that kept shrinking my clothes. I think I found the reverse switch though. :)

Add me if you like!
  • shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I have been where you are! It is possible! I'm also getting close to 50 so I can totally relate! Sending a F/R :)