I have gained back 5kg in 3months from bingeing help

Options
Well, the title says it.. I've gained back 5 of the 7kgs I worked so hard to get off over summer and with my birthday coming up (8th december) I'm really depressed and I need some help... I'm tired of crying over it and I'm really not pleased with how I look, I really really hate how this feels.
How do I STOP BINGEING and is it possible to lose the weight until then?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat at a moderate deficit (don't cut so low you feel restricted). Eat normal foods, in normal portions. If you're getting enough food/nutrition, binging won't happen (unless you have some serious issues you should be seeking professional help for), or at least not as much.

Also, read http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    I did the same thing. Lost 25 lbs, maintained for almost a year and now gained back 10 lbs in the last 5 months. My winter clothes are all tight and I am depressed. I am back on track but as sick of thinking about food. What to eat, how much, did I eat too much, why did I binge. I am still trying to figure out my triggers for binging as it has been happening way too much. I wan that feeling back picking something out in closet and having it fit.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the balance of things you have been eating. Are you going light in a specific area like protein or even fat? Look at the trace elements too are you getting enough or too much potassium and or calcium?

There is also the possibility you are trying to be lighter than your body "needs" to be. The female at or over puberty needs to be in the region of 7 st .7 lb or equivalent in order to do the normal female things. Just a thought.

If none of this rings true then seek advice of a professional, a doctor or a dietitian to ensure everything is working properly.

all the best, take care
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    I think binging is a lot mental too. Are you under extra stress, bored, etc. The only tip I can offer is don't keep bad food in the house.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    When I want to binge I usually have been too light on the protein and too heavy on the salt/sugar. I know this doesn't sound "sound", but too much salt and sugar have me wanting more, thus the binge. The protein deficit seems to impact my brain chemistry - my brain wants more, but it's too stupid to tell me it wants protein and it translates to sugar and salt. So when this happens to me, I cook up some chicken and nibble on that as the cravings hit. It really does work. It's not a magic fix, and may not be for you, but it's my go-to when I get "bingy".
  • SilviCor
    SilviCor Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Binging, as opposed to over-eating has nothing to do with diet. It is a physical response to an emotional issue. You are using food as a source of comfort for whatever, issue is going in your life at the moment. Once you figure out what the issue is and deal with it, then you will be able to focus on eating well and diet and exercise. I wish you the best of luck, since I've been and know how it feels.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    If you gained that much weight that fast from bingeing then you're probably having emotional problems, and for some people that's expressed in the way they eat. Have you seen a therapist to help you find healthier ways to deal with stress and negative emotions?
  • johbro
    johbro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with bingeing too. I also feel if I eat sugar, I want more. The holidays are going to be hard!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You have to find another coping mechanism (the best one is probably exercise)
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    There are only two things that have ever stopped my binging in its tracks. One is going low carb. It eventually stops my cravings for foods that I binge on like crackers, chips and sweets. The other one is when I start eating all natural (or as close as I can get it). I load up on fruits, veggies, potatoes, butter, cream and lots of herbs and spices. You can get pretty creative with this like banana pancakes (SUPER YUMMY) or my breakfast today: 2 1/2 large bananas, cinnamon and stevia to taste, melt 2 tablespoons all natural almond butter in the microwave with a splash of unsweetened almond milk. Stir that up really well and drizzle it over your bananas. OMG...:bigsmile: . It's hard to overeat on fruits and veggies. I have other people in my home that don't watch what they eat so I have to do this around temptations. Good luck to you and I hope you find what works for you :heart: