why is egg white so good but yolk so bad?

Options

Replies

• D8vidFitness
    Options
    Yolk is considered good HDL, but you only need about 2 yolks to satisfy your dairy needs. So for every 5-6 eggs I cook, I keep about 2 yolks and all of the whites. This varies from everyone, but that was the restriction I've kept for years. Over saturating any nutritional value can be just as bad as not getting them.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    It's not
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Even if we concede that yolks are ok, why did nature produce whole milk, and not 1% or 2%? Something doesnt add up.

The same folks who ACTUALLY killed JFK probably are involved. With aliens.

If Oswald did not kill Kennedy, someone else did (aliens?).
    or
    If Oswald did not kill Kennedy, someone else would have (aliens?).

Ooooh, mathematical philosophy <3 hehe
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    The yolk has all the flavor. And we know from all of the knowledge on MFP that anything with flavor is bad, and must be eliminated from your diet.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Even if we concede that yolks are ok, why did nature produce whole milk, and not 1% or 2%? Something doesnt add up.

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options

The same folks who ACTUALLY killed JFK probably are involved. With aliens.
    Aliens?

who-mowed-my-lawnillegal-aliens-ancient-aliens-9Rj3lt.jpg

Predators!
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    Just read a broscience article that says if you dont eat the yolk you become socialy inept. Wait wut?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just read a broscience article that says if you dont eat the yolk you become socialy inept. Wait wut?

Man I am glad I eat yolks.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Nature also makes nightshade. Not generally recommended for consumption.

But yes eggs are yay.
  • beckizzle
    beckizzle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yolks aren't bad, that's a myth.

not only are the yolks DE-LICIOUS, it is the most horrendous waste of food to throw them away
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say the egg yolk is bad per se. I understand that egg yolk is high in cholesterol and the correlation between high cholesterol and heart disease, but it's ironic that the yolk itself is loaded with B Vitamins, which may reduce the risk of heart disease. Go figure.
  • xoemmytee
    xoemmytee Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said, yolks aren't bad. Also "nature" did not intend to make eggs for human consumption, they are intended to form a living organism when fertilized. That said, they are nutritious and delicious!
  • charlaarnold5
    Options
    and elivis
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    and elivis

What's Elvis got to do with this???
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I dont understand why nature would put the two together when one is so bad and the other is so good for you. This tells me that nature did not intend us to live healthy because it wasnt until recently that we found out the bad things about yolks.
    To make a chicken perhaps?

There's nothing wrong in eating egg yolks or whole fat milk. I think you will find that the "yolks are bad for you", "fat is bad for you" isn't recent advice at all - just flawed thinking from the last century.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said, yolks aren't bad. Also "nature" did not intend to make eggs for human consumption, they are intended to form a living organism when fertilized. That said, they are nutritious and delicious!

huh? explain!
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    yolks aren't bad, dietary cholesterol doesn't effect cholesterol in your body
  • FatHuMan1
    FatHuMan1 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    21737941-b335-4233-8219-dd4e7eab9cb4_zps124bd719.jpg
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

huh? explain!

Ummmmmm,

0bb69f87_954-not-sure-if-serious.jpeg
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    yolks aren't bad, dietary cholesterol doesn't effect cholesterol in your body

And the body naturally makes WAY more cholesterol than we consume.

Why does it do this? Oh yeh, we need cholesterol.

Hmmm, what if 'high' cholesterol correlates with CVD not because it is the cause but because it is trying to repair the damage caused by something else?

But that would mean everyone trying to reduce theirs by taking drugs or by dietary means had been wasting their time and money.

Hmmm, good job THAT isn't the case then. ;)

I'm having scrambled eggs for breakfast today in tribute to this thread, laid by our free range chickens this week and I'm nadgered if I'm separating anything. Full fat cheese and milk too.