A HRM For Christmas

Options
xxghost
xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
Hey all!

I am asking for a heart rate monitor for Christmas. I know that I have been overestimating my exercise calories, and if I want to get serious about this, I should really stop doing that.

My question is this - what would my best option be?

Most of my workouts is pretty basic - running, biking (spinning and leisurely), yoga, workout videos and walking.

I have a Fitbit Flex, so if there are any HRMs that would work in tangent, that would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar F4- pretty basic. Gives me heart rate and calories burned which is all I want.
  • Zeraf2013
    Options
    Polar FT 4 is the way to go. You can find it on Amazon for like $60. I use it for swimming and regular exercise. So far so good.
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Yep! I had a Polar FT4, sold it, got an H7, it sucked, and bought another FT4 and am still in love!

ETA: I also have a Fitbit Flex. SO happy I finally gave in and bought one a few weeks ago!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fit bit, but I totally love my Polar FT4 :bigsmile: Easy to use.
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 all the way
  • bluntlysally
    bluntlysally Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    why in the world would you want another thing on your wrist? get a bluetooth hrm. there are only a couple out there - figure out which one works with your phone, etc... i have the polar one (h7?) and it works great.

for using your hrm, endomondo is a great app because you can change the kind of workout (unlike some apps that are limited or only for running/walking), and the interface is actually easy enough to understand. most importantly, it plays well with fitbit.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 (just got it for my birthday last week), and I love it so far. So easy to use.
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 also- Amazon for about $75. I've had absolutely no trouble with it and I can't even tell I'm wearing the chest strap when I'm running. The color options for the watch component are cute, too. :)
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Thanks for weighing in, everyone! I appreciate it.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT4 s well, and I really like it. I run, weightlift, hike, horseback ride, etc., and it works great. The batteries are also easy to change, which I've only had to do once since I bought it about two years ago. And I use it A LOT. I would totally recommend it.
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Polar is great - I have F4 or F7 are great basic models (I have the latter) - you can get from Polar direct on their website also
    http://www.thepolarshop.com.au they have fantastic service.
  • Cass0422
    Cass0422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm asking for the Polar FT4 (in pink!) for Christmas. It has amazing reviews and based on the product description it does everything I'll need it to. I'm glad I stumbled upon this post because I have also been wondering if other people like them and it seems a lot of people are recommending them. So yay!
  • Dubuque
    Dubuque Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I would like to hear from anyone who has been swimming for a while with a Polar HRM. Do you find that the chlorine degrades the elastic in the strap? I kills my swim trunk elastic, so I am kind of worried about the HRM strap. Also, if there are any bigger guys who swim with an HRM. do find that the strap stays where it should. I am thinking about using an HRM for both laps, and for water fitness class.
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar ft4 and a FT7. I LOVE them both!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 also. You can get it on Amazon for about $60 right now, with free shipping I think.