New Here - Scary Target

Options
Well it has come to the point where it must go; a whole 49lbs :frown:

I'm looking forward to making new friends and sharing my journey with you.

Love Itmustgo (UK) xxx

Replies

• mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Great place to be. It's not so scary when you have so many people to root you on. Count me in as one!
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome here. It's brilliant and as a newbie here myself, I have to say that it looks very promising for me to stick to it. I hope you enjoy it here. :happy:
  • niknok28
    Options
    Welcome! My total weight loss will be 50 lbs so I understand! Think of it as a lifestyle change though not just a diet. You'll develop good habits that will keep you healthy and at your healthy size when all this is done. :)
  • bas27
    bas27 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i'm new here and my total goal was 73 pounds. i gave 66 more to go! support and motivation is what i need as well :)
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    Welcome! we're all here for the same reason. The support system is unmatched.
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Well you can do it, and everyone here will help you!! It seems scary but if you are willing to make simple changes, have small but steady losses, and work hard, you can lose it all. Add friends, ask questions and see what everyone else is doing, its great! I am also just starting, this is my second week, and I am loving it. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • raven5131
    Options
    Welcome! You have so come to the right place. When you say 50 pounds all at once it seems so unreachable. Setting small goals have helped me. Some people do 5 or 10 pound incremental goals. My first goal was to get down to where I was the last time I dieted and then 210. My next goal is to be below 203 before Thanksgiving. Why 203? Because that is when the Wii figure quits saying "That's Obese!" when I check in. I wonder what she will say next. "Youre Overweight"? I know I am silly but for me it can be the smallest thing that gives me encouragement to reach my goal. Another funny goal I made is that I want to stand up straight and look down and only see my boobies. Check! Another one bites the dust! After that I want to be in the 100's by Christmas.

Make it fun! You are going to take the journey why not make it fun! :laugh:
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place.
    Good Luck!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I started with 44lbs to lose, I've lost 18 of them! Join some of the challenges, they give you lots of incentive! I'm in the 12lbs of Christmas one and am hoping 12lbs is do-able.
  • CrystalFKelly
    Options
    I'm a newbie as well. I'm looking for the same thing we all are.....to lose weight and have some words of encouragement along the way! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Itmustgo
    Options
    Thank you so much for the lovely welcome.

So day 1, I kept to 1200Kcals and hopefully am on target to do the same today. Went for a 40 minute walk and....

....I've ordered 30-day Shred - ooohhhh I see pain in my future.

Itmustgoxxx
  • hangingNthere
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I think you are making a good first step coming here and your target weight won't be so scary once you find the support here and the tools MFP offers. I love it here, just knowing that I'm accountable daily when it comes to the choices I make pushes me to do the right thing and make the right choice.

Good luck to you.