For mom's of teenagers: A compliment from an unlikely sourse

Options
khk2010
khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
Last night my teenage son looked at me and said, "Mom, you look skinnier!" It took 45 lbs for him to notice but for him to say anything about the way mom looks was quite a big deal! Thank you son, you made my day and just provided the motivation I needed to keep going!

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Congrates! It took my 10 year old daughter a while to notice my weight loss too. LOL
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congrats,

I know what you mean, I asked my 14 year old if I look like smaller, and he told me he couldn't tell.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    For some reason getting a compliment from a teenager or kid is better then getting one from an adult since they don't hide their thoughts.

I saw my friends kid and the first thing out of his mouth was "wow you got skinnier."
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I was 17 pounds down and thinking I must be imagining that I looked a bit smaller as no one had mentioned it, so feeling really grrrr about it, I asked my kids outright if they could see ANY difference. Yes they could, even said what areas but thought it would be insensitive to mention anything as in saying you've lost weight is actually saying you were fat and now you're not soooo fat. I can see the logic but I've told em now to say when they see a difference because I AM fat and there is no point dressing it up any other way
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    For some reason getting a compliment from a teenager or kid is better then getting one from an adult since they don't hide their thoughts.

I saw my friends kid and the first thing out of his mouth was "wow you got skinnier."
    Exactly! I knew he really meant it and it felt great!
  • ezreka
    ezreka Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes, my 14 year old daughter says that I look the same! I will be very happy when she notices :)
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    How sweet is that?
  • grover0ca
    grover0ca Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    As the mom of a 18 year old I totally understand what your saying..they tend to live in their own little universe...to get a compliment is awesme!! WTG on the weight loss!!
  • steppann
    Options
    I think thats awesome. My kids on the other hand pulled the "mom your so skinny" when we was going down the road. It almost made me cry because I thought it was so sweet. Then the next thing out of her mouth was " Now can we go get some fat food?" Umm yeah thanks my future politician.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!