Should I eat it?

Options
Later on me and my parents are going to a friends house, and all there will be is pizza. I'm super hungry but should I eat it? Will it set me back really far??

Replies

• Suzmp85
    Suzmp85 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    It's not going to set you back if you watch your portions.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat it in moderation. No, it's not going to set you back. You'd have to eat over your maintenance calories to actually gain weight.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza today and am going to eat some ice cream in a bit.... If it fits then eat it.... Even if it doesn't, One meal isn't gong to make or break your diet..
  • LaLa482
    LaLa482 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    It's not going to set you back if you watch your portions.

Agreed, it wont, but if you have time to type up the question and express hunger do you not have the time to fuel your body with something you don't have to question?
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Yes. You are hungry. You should eat. Watch how much of the pizza you eat. Make sure it fits into your calorie goal. If you go over, try not to go over by more than what you should be eating at maintenance. If you go over, don't stress yourself about it. Try to exercise it off today. Seems you have plenty of hours left in the day. Try to eat a little less in the upcoming days to make up for it. Remember in order to lose or gain a pound you need to go over/under by a few thousand calories in a week.

Go enjoy your pizza party! :happy:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    You want to know what will set you back? A binge brought on by depriving yourself of the things you love. Eat the pizza but try to eat something else like a salad also. Drink plenty of water and watch your portions. Remember this is for the long haul. Eat the way you plan on eatting for the rest of your life.
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I ate a whole pizza myself this week, and still lost a pound. I just tried extra hard when I wasn't being a glutton. lol
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Pizza is delish. Eat.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    . I'm super hungry but should I eat it?

1z5n7td.jpg
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1z5n7td.jpg

Of course you should. Give yourself a break. What I do in a situation like this is think about how much I would have eaten before my lifestyle change and cut it approximately in half. I used to eat four pieces, these days I'll eat two and am perfectly satisfied. Though I must admit, I stare longingly at the remaining pizza until my tummy decides to catch up to my brain and realize, yes, two was enough. It always catches up :smile:

Now I want pizza. Perhaps tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    YES
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    If you don't, I will! HA!!!
  • gettingmeback2013
    gettingmeback2013 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I agree with an earlier poster...if you aren't going until later and you have time to ask this question, then you have time to snack on something before going so you don't overdo it on the pizza. If you are very hungry, fill up on some veggies or a small piece of cheese now and then you won't eat so much pizza when you get there.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza tonight. Just don't eat the whole thing. :tongue:
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I have pizza quite often, and it's never set me back. Just stop when you're full - don't eat it for the sake of it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm having pizza tonight. Just don't eat the whole thing. :tongue:
    Saves room for beer. :drinker:
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pizza won't set you back. Just try not to eat too much!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    There is not a thing wrong with pizza. Enjoy in moderation!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    The answer is ALWAYS yes as long as you eat clean.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yes, eat the pizza.