When do you start SEEING results?

Options
I am 22 years old, 5'3 and 135 pounds. I took wheat out of my diet (no bread, pasta, pizza, cereal) while keeping under 1,500 calories. I started my diet 2.5 weeks ago and have not weighed or measured myself because I don't want to be discouraged if the numbers haven't changed. That being said, when did you start seeing results? After 2 weeks? 3 weeks? maybe one month? Share stories....I feel patience is the biggest obstacle when I try to lose weight.

Replies

• pastelraindrops
    Options
    We started just about the same place!! I really didn't notice when but it was almost immediately. Since 135 wasn't very big to start within the first few days I was lbs lighter from water weight being gone!! I weighed in October 7th at 136 and November 15th at 125!! It's crazy because all I really did was add exercise. I was at 1,200 - 1,900 calories a day and 60+ minutes of walking with about 20 minutes dancing and only started floor exercises 2 weeks in. I think it really depends on your metabolism and how much of a change in diet and habits happen. All I did was increase my metabolism mainly. I think you may be surprised at your 2.5 week progress! :)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'd say about a month or so. Though, taking weekly pictures have helped a great deal.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I still don't "see" results, but I only had a few pounds to lose. (See ticker below.) I will say that I noticed clothes fitting better about a month in and about 5 pounds down.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Depends on your size, how much you have to lose and how you carry your weight. I started at 135 (5'6), and probably noticed after about 8lbs.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    About 30 minutes after doing bicep curls.

THAT PUMP DOE!
  • bam330
    Options
    Thanks everyone keep them coming , I'm banking on a month to see results
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Within one month, I lost 11 pounds. I am hypothyroid and I worked out 5 days a week. I took my meds and logged my food with MFP.
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Same height here. 5'3, 21 y/o. My starting weight was 155lbs - End of May 2013. I'm down to 119lbs as of last night. I start seeing results after a month and a half when I lost my first 10lbs. :))
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I really didn't see/notice a difference until 20 pounds....
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I am 22 years old, 5'3 and 135 pounds. I took wheat out of my diet (no bread, pasta, pizza, cereal) while keeping under 1,500 calories. I started my diet 2.5 weeks ago and have not weighed or measured myself because I don't want to be discouraged if the numbers haven't changed. That being said, when did you start seeing results? After 2 weeks? 3 weeks? maybe one month? Share stories....I feel patience is the biggest obstacle when I try to lose weight.

When I started eating better and a whole lot less, and increased exercise from three times a week to each day, I began to feel better right away.

I think I lost a couple of pounds in the first few weeks, so that was progress for me.

After I'd lost about ten pounds, my clothes started looking looser. The scale was showing progress.

After I'd lost about 25 pounds I was back in my old clothes again.

After I'd lost 30 (now), I have looked in the mirror and believed it's not really my reflection staring back at me, but it is! My stomach is flatter, my muscles more toned, I feel fantastic now.

Three more pounds to go.
  • tiggerlgh
    tiggerlgh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't really seen any changes in myself. Maybe a little in my stomach but my clothes fit better and a few pants are starting to get loose. I think partially its me being hard on myself. To me the real test will be this week to see if any of my family notices any differences. I still have a long way to go, but I hope I start to see changes soon for myself.