How many calories was in this pizza?

Options
2»

Replies

• robinsondel
    Options
    Put 100 calories. Or 1000. It wont make any difference to what is actually going on inside your body.

You seem to be under the impression that eating lots of calories ought to make you feel full. This assumption will not serve you well.

Well that's disappointing :frown:

Thanks everyone. I'm not too worked up over this; I just find it incredulous that a small pizza like that could have up to 1000 calories. Eek. Oh well. Next time I'll split it.

Start perusing restaurant chain's website and take a look at some of nutritional values. If you've never done so, you're in for a shocker. For example, a grilled stuffed burrito at TacoHell has nearly 900 calories...that's for 1. Before I started paying attention to calories in/out, I had no clue. I'd have a single meal at TacoBell that was 3,000 calories with the drink. Now, I'm the opposite of you. I find it incredulous when something has so little calories.

Even places that have put into place a "healthy" menu will shock you. To use TacoBell as an example again...they have their fresco menu, which seems to be trying to build an illusion of health consciousness, but when you compare, the Fresco taco has more calories than the original Taco.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Put 100 calories. Or 1000. It wont make any difference to what is actually going on inside your body.

You seem to be under the impression that eating lots of calories ought to make you feel full. This assumption will not serve you well.

Well that's disappointing :frown:

Thanks everyone. I'm not too worked up over this; I just find it incredulous that a small pizza like that could have up to 1000 calories. Eek. Oh well. Next time I'll split it.

I've eaten every kind of pizza, and even though I don't know much about which kinds of pizzas you bake there, here you can't find a pizza that's less than 750 kcals. Those kinds of pizzas are the ones bought frozen at the grocery (375 gr, not very thick as yours, but filling). When I eat a pizza at the restaurant I always at least count 1000-1200 kcals for a pizza and a portion of fries. Yours didn't have mozzarella if I can see right, but most of the calories comes from the flour anyway. In my opinion, if you're having a day off and aiming to have pizza, just don't log it in. There's no need to. You're probably going to overeat, if you consider your diet, but it's not a unhealthy food to me. If you eat it once in a while you don't have to be afraid.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I agree with 150 calories a slice. The dough seems pretty thick.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    600-800
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    One day of bad eating is not going to do anything to your diet results. Even if you over ate by 2000 calories....that isn't even going to set you back a pound. It's a fraction of a pound.

While I agree with the spirit here, going over 2000 calories is a large fraction of a pound, over half. If someone does that 1-2 times a week, it could easily offset their total deficits. Once a month... yeah, not a huge deal.

I looked up two store-bought, 7" thin crusts and the calories were only 180-260, so I think your little pizza could be as low as 300-400. A 7" flour tortilla is also under 150 calories, typically.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I get a "thin-thin pizza" which is paper thin wholewheat crust, with sauce, cheese and green peppers..each slice (there are 4) runs me 150 cals with 30 cals for the green peppers..so 630 cals for the whole thing..and you know what? I eat the whole damn thing..ha ha (and don't weigh the next day due to the sodium..lol) but so worth it for an occasional din din!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Pizza can have a pretty decent macro composition. This is just dough with vegetables though. Not filling? Not surprising.