Replies

• VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    There are only 3 that I will skip through/change the radio station for:

6 White Boomers
    Christmas Shoes
    All I want for Christmas is You.

I suspect you won't be hearing 6 white boomers this year. Naughty Rolf .....

Edited to add - or Another rock n roll Christmas by Gary Glitter
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I stopped out for drinks after work.. It started to snow. friends RACED to the juke box and dialed up, Let It Effing Snow, and every other snow oriented song they could find. I wanted to scream.. I tried, I really did try not to bring them too far down and they had great sport teasing me,, but I HATE SNOW and SNOW SONGS. don't get me started on White Christmas. F**k Bing.

to display my Italian, irrational side:
    Dominick the Donkey... maybe you kinda have to have a cumpare (goobah) to actually get it. but the lyric about santa's presents where the 'label on the inside says they're made in Bruculeeen' (brooklyn) just cracks me up and I smile big when the reindeer cannot climb the hills of Italy! HEY. I song-lyriced DTD and they're FUNNY! I mean, one says, 'zepilagoia comes to town'.. for God's sake, it's 'Santa Nicolo"(st. nicholas?) with his ciuciudil... I've got a few 'chooches' in my family! and we dance the tarantella- even if it sounds like 'dallodale' to you..It makes me smile and reminds me of going to Matte's house on christmas morning for some home made wine. He lived here for probably 70 years and his accent was as thick as ever! Miss that.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    All of them.

Count me in with this group.
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Me...has to be John Lennon's "So This Is Christmas" - can't STAND it!!!!
    What's not to love about Yoko Ono screeching off key in the background for 3 straight minutes? You Scrooge!! :laugh:

That one's my least favorite, but my grandmother has a flaming hatred for that "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" because it's so repetitive.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Not too many. I love Christmas music. But I'd have to say that John Lennon's is my least favorite too. I actually don't like Frosty the Snowman too much either.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    The "christmas shoes" song about the little boy in line at a store trying to buy his mom some christmas shoes before she dies. It KILLS me. I bawl evey time. I always make people change it when it comes on. HATE that one...
  • comalua1
    Options
    OMG. it's not really christmas but that baby it's cold outside ****. it feels like he's holding her against her will, and when it's barbra streisand singing? DAMN but that whiny voice makes me want to kill them both mid vibrato.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Anything by Cliff Richard :explode:
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Santa Baby. It's not cute, it's not sexy. Though I honestly get sick of almost all of them pretty quickly.

SANTA BABY IS THE WORST!!!!!!! :explode:

The Little Drummer Boy sometimes gets to me, too.
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Santa Baby!!! That song makes me feel gross, that is SOOOOOO not how a Christmas song should make you feel
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    What Chrismas song do you HATE????

All of them.
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Dominic the Donkey OR Dominic the Italian Donkey...but they both sound equally horrible. ;-)

Same song. Look it up. You will regret it. Lol

We only discovered this song by accident a few years ago, and I have to sheepishly say it's a favorite in our house. We initially listened to it because of the title (my son is named Dominic). It was campy enough to make us laugh, but it was clinched as a yearly favorite because his sister, yup--her name is Josephine. How can we not listen it it?? It was like fate!! LOL
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Santa Baby, White Christmas,Cyndi Lauper-It Feels Like Christmas,Christmas Shoes,Anything Justin Bieber or Lady Gaga,Baby Its Cold Outside is pretty bad too
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    One of the sheer joys of living in Bahrain

*******NO CHRISTMAS SONGS WHILE SHOPPING!!!*******

and they don't have annoying Eid songs either! So we're totally spared stupid seasonal songs altogether!! YAY!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Chestnuts Roasting on an Open F**king Fire makes me want to set something on fire.

I get tired of traditional versions of Christmas songs pretty quick. I blame being a musician who had to start rehearsing Christmas music in, like, September every year from 4th grade through 5 years of college/university
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,995 Member
    Options
    I love John Lennons So this is Christmas and Bob Geldof's Do they know its Christmas.

I find them quite moving.

Not sure I should be confessing this on here, LoL
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    That annoying version of "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah effing Carey. Thank god I no longer work in a department store because they played that non stop.

Yeah. Definitely Mariah Carey. Gets right on my nerves lol
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Santa Baby. About 5 years ago I was at my high school daughters choir christmas show (high school) and I had my elderly dad and husband with me. The teacher had allowed this girl to sing that song along with a CHAIR! OMG it was the most uncomfortable moment! Many parents and grandparents got up and went to the bathroom or outside in the first 10 seconds of her performance! It belonged in a strip joint not in a high school. I never have been able to listen to it again! I am still embarrassed for that girl when I think about it! You could tell that even her class was embarrassed. My daughter said it was just plain disgusting and in very poor taste.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    All! Including Xmas itself...