Hi! I'm new.

Options
Hi, I am new to myfitnesspal.com. I am hoping to lose some weight and get into better shape. I hope this will help me. Has anyone had great success here?

Replies

• JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • mary020378
    Options
    hi. I just started this about 4 or 5 days ago too. So far i like it. it helps to not eat so much. It motivates me to exercise as well. hope you have good luck as for me too
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what kind of "great" success you are meaning, but since I joined MFP (August 14, 2010) I have reduced my weight about about 26 lbs. I had already reduced my weight by about 20 lbs before joining MFP (from June 25, 2010 - August 14, 2010). I love this site. I find it to be supportive, encouraging, and motivating. Also, love the calorie counter and the exercise calculator. I love my MFP friends too - they are funny, sensitive, and supportive - just what I need.

Blessings on your journey to a healthier and happier you.

Vickie
  • 19marie74
    Options
    I started counting my calories in January and didn't join MFP until August. I have already lost 45 pounds. 15 of that on here alone. It works. Plus you have others on here that are on the same journey as you are. It helps to have support from others. Good luck to you.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new as well.. Within the past month. I can't believe how long it has taken me to discover this website -- So helpful and, well, Awesome. :)

I think I will always track my intake and still be a part of this website when I get to the point of maintaining.

Good luck! :)