YourTea (Tiny Tea) Results?

Options
Hi all,

So I dont know if you have heard of YourTea, i've been following them on Instagram (they have a lot of social media coverage), and have seen that there has been a lot of success stories (from actual personal accounts not made up ones for marketing), and it's aim is to achieve less bloating, some weightloss, clear skin, and more energy. I've researched the ingredients they use (and some of the science involved behind it, its based solely on chinese herbal medicine and I do follow this), it's all organic and healthy...But trusting MFP as a better resource I was wondering if anyone here has tried it? :) Could you share your results what you thought of it? :) I've actually just bought the 14 day tea tox, which wasn't as expensive as I thought, but I was just curious if anyone here has? (P.S YourTea isn't really an aid for weightloss like other supplements in the market, no ingredients which promote diarrohea etc, they state that you should still be exercising and eating healthy but using YourTea for an energy boost).

xx

Also just incase you want to have a look this is their website, http://www.yourtea.com/pages/eating-plan but like i said i did do some research into the ingredients themselves which are different to other weightloss teas.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I successfully went from obese to a healthy body fat percentage while drinking regular, black tea. Okay, mostly it was Earl Grey, because I really like it, but English Breakfast tea too. Mostly Lipton's (the main tea brand in the Arab world) but I like me some Twinings when I'm in the mood for being posh.

Tea acts like a very mild appetite suppressant, and the caffeine in it can give you an energy boost. Personally, I wouldn't pay any money for special "weight loss" teas that are unlikely to be any different to regular teas that you buy at the supermarket, other than in price.

As for detox (tea tox?) your liver and kidneys detox your body just fine so long as you drink enough water. And your intestines keep themselves clean so long as you get enough fibre and water.

ETA: I drank the tea because I like tea, not to get results in losing fat, however I did notice the mild appetite suppressant effect, e.g. if eaten after a meal it makes you feel more full than if you didn't drink it, in particular if I ate to my calorie target but still felt a little bit peckish, a cup of tea did the trick in making me feel full.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It's another gimmicky detox. Your body does a good job detoxing for you, you don't need "added help".

Did you see the list of foods to avoid while taking this stuff?

* sugars

* raw fruit (strewed is ok)

* cold water

* energy drinks

* alcohol

* smoking

* fruit drinks

* high chemical foods such as "sugar free, fat free" etc etc

* chocolates & lollies

* cakes

* carbonated drinks

* peppermint tea

* fried foods

* coffee

* salt

* ice-creams & flavoured milk

* pain killers such as Panadol and Neurofen

So yea.... basically anything a normal person would consume is out. I mean, you can't eat fruit? What the heck. I'd be damned to give up my ice cream too.
    This is just my opinion of course.
  • LaurenLouG
    LaurenLouG Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No peppermint tea? No cold water? I find that so odd.
  • lollypoppet
    lollypoppet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    There isn't a list of things to not eat or drink on their website, and from looking at Tumblr reviews/pictures...because where else would you go to look and see ifthings work? lol people just seem to have stuck to a diet they were already doing, if at all x
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    There isn't a list of things to not eat or drink on their website, and from looking at Tumblr reviews/pictures...because where else would you go to look and see ifthings work? lol people just seem to have stuck to a diet they were already doing, if at all x

It IS on their website.

http://www.yourtea.com/blogs/healthytips?page=4
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    Ohhh, well, from other personal accounts from people i've seen on blogs and instagram, they still seem to eat normal. I dont see any reason why you shouldn't.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Have you genuinely researched this? The ingredients list catsia, which is prescribed to treat constipation, and therefore acts as a laxative of some sort. It seems to be grouped in with cassia and senna, both of which are taken as laxatives.

Edited to add, it also says 'other chinese herbs', why do they not list all of the products ingredients?
  • benno1978
    benno1978 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    No cold water WTF? No fresh fruit?? Wouldn't give up my coffee neither

Tea is good for you drink tea and eat healthily avoid gimmicks
  • HeavyHilda
    Options
    I lost weight a long time ago by giving up coffee and drinking tea instead but I'm sure it was because I traded the coffee for tea since I don't put sugar and cream in my tea, just lemon and soy milk and sometimes honey. Yes I know the tea still has calories but not as much.

I missed the coffee too much, have decided to cut elsewhere but I still think that teas help you lose weight. Jmho
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Do you drink tea as it is ?

I started drinking Green tea about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it and personally I believe it has helped me alongside healthy eating and exercise in losing weight, plus I really like it so it is increasing the amount of water i'm drinking daily. Bonus

Maybe if you don't drink tea try start with green tea. Currently sipping on Green Tea with Cranberry. It's delicious !
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Peppermint/other mints are very cheap mild appetite suppressants. I make no claims about the ingredients in Tiny Tea, but you can pick up a box of peppermint tea for about $1 and drink that when a craving/intermeal hunger pang strikes. Shoot, mint is a weed. You could put a little in a pot and grow it in your house and suck on leaves right off the plant (however if you have cats put it out of reach as it's related to catnip and they WILL DESTROY IT).
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of jasmine green tea.
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    Ohh dear. I think this has strayed off topic as I only wanted to know if anyone on here has tried it. :/
  • lollypoppet
    Options
    Anyone tried any with any results? :/ x
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

clearly not...

but there are plenty of people who got great results from eating a balanced diet with sensible portion sizes. Seriously, you don't need this magic tea. You can do this through your own determination and willingness to change. Believe in yourself.
  • lollypoppet
    Options

clearly not...

but there are plenty of people who got great results from eating a balanced diet with sensible portion sizes. Seriously, you don't need this magic tea. You can do this through your own determination and willingness to change. Believe in yourself.

uhhh...This wasn't about using it as an aid, like other weightloss pills or tea's, i've never bought any before, i exercise and eat right, and have done since i started my diet and have lost a fair bit of weight. I'm still going as I haven't reached my goal but I know I will. I honestly was just curious as to if anyone on here had tried as i've seen it on social media, I take MFP as a more 'real' place someone could have given it a go, but it strayed off topic completely as I was asking for a question and not opinions.
  • okgal247
    okgal247 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I successfully went from obese to a healthy body fat percentage while drinking regular, black tea. Okay, mostly it was Earl Grey, because I really like it, but English Breakfast tea too. Mostly Lipton's (the main tea brand in the Arab world) but I like me some Twinings when I'm in the mood for being posh.

Tea acts like a very mild appetite suppressant, and the caffeine in it can give you an energy boost. Personally, I wouldn't pay any money for special "weight loss" teas that are unlikely to be any different to regular teas that you buy at the supermarket, other than in price.

As for detox (tea tox?) your liver and kidneys detox your body just fine so long as you drink enough water. And your intestines keep themselves clean so long as you get enough fibre and water.

ETA: I drank the tea because I like tea, not to get results in losing fat, however I did notice the mild appetite suppressant effect, e.g. if eaten after a meal it makes you feel more full than if you didn't drink it, in particular if I ate to my calorie target but still felt a little bit peckish, a cup of tea did the trick in making me feel full.

"Tea-tox" :laugh: I'll be honest- judge if you must- but I drink "detox" tea... I think it tastes awesome; I really like The Republic of Tea's "Get Clean." I do notice a difference when I drink that after a rough night- but I'm 100% sure that it's because it's increasing my water intake :happy:

Anyway: Get Clean = Delicious, in case anyone was looking to try something new :bigsmile:
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    General rule: don't pay anyone to lose weight. You can do that for free.... (Excluding gym memberships, or any exercise equipment you might want. But even that is up to you.)
  • ceciliedavila
    Options
    Hi guys,

I recently started the teatox (two days ago). I am a fashion blogger and Your Tea offered to sponsor me if I just tried it and wrote about it. The website was really pretty and attractive, the explanations of ingredients and effects looked legit, and the packaging was even awesome. I did the three tea bags the first day, and ate a banana, oatmeal, chicken, kale salad, fresh fruit, lots of water, vegetables with hummus--the normal foods I eat throughout the day. I woke up this morning feeling hung over and when I went to the bathroom I noticed blood. It said on the site that if you take the tea while you're menstruating that it'll be a heavier period because the tea makes your blood thicker?!?! Well I am NOT menstruating and that is NOT normal. Even though the site sends out a good message and is visually appealing, I don't think you should give into this like I did. What I don't understand is how all these women are drinking it and posting before and after pictures and saying they feel so healthy.

I am not in any pain and after one day of drinking three teas, I already notice my stomach is less bloated...this can't be good for you.

I am currently a member of Tone It Up (2 years now) and that plan helped me loose 16 pounds by simply working out and eating healthy. I HIGHLY recommend that :)

If anyone else has tried this tea, please say what it was like! I am curious to see if anyone else had symptoms like me.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    I've actually just bought the 14 day tea tox

WHY.gif

just deficit.

uhhh...This wasn't about using it as an aid, like other weightloss pills or tea's, i've never bought any before, i exercise and eat right, and have done since i started my diet and have lost a fair bit of weight. I'm still going as I haven't reached my goal but I know I will. I honestly was just curious as to if anyone on here had tried as i've seen it on social media, I take MFP as a more 'real' place someone could have given it a go, but it strayed off topic completely as I was asking for a question and not opinions.

but you bought it, didnt you?