I'm new too!!

Options
Hi! I just learned about myfitnesspal and decided to give it a shot. I'm a college student and trying to get back into shape. I love to exercise but it seems like I never have any time to between school and work. Any suggestions on how to squeeze in a quick work out or work outs I can do in a short time period would be amazing :) I'm also working hard on eating better, I'm a junk food lover, so any tips there would be greatly appreciated too!

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a college student as well (grad student) and I know how hard it is juggling work, school, and fitness!

Feel free to add me as a friend :)

L.
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video. It's only 20 minutes of working out, but it kicks my butt!
  • sheaz85
    sheaz85 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I just bought that dvd...does it work?? I've heard great reviews! And also...try working out in the morning..that's when i did it best when i was in college!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, I seem to sweat a lot and end up sore and tired...so in my opinion it works. :)
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I've been using the EA Active on my Wii. I really like the 30 day challenge. I have a sweet tooth, too. I just avoid stuff for the most part. Hungry Girl's website has some great food swaps, and Eat This, Not That does, too. I like the Vitamuffins Deep Chocolate muffin top with a little fat free Cool Whip when I need a sweet snack.
  • MelissaDawn1988
    Options
    The muffin sounds amazing! I just went and checked out Hungry Girl...thanks for the tip!
  • LucyMcgready
    Options
    Hey!! Im Also New, Im A Full Time Student At West Nottinghamshie College And Im Doing Hair Dressing, Ive Just Found Out About This Site And Thought Why Not. I Tried To Lose Weight So Much In The Past But Never Have The Will Power Or Motorvation. Hopefully his Will Help =D xxx
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No problem!

They sell the muffins in the freezer aisle of Safeway. I think most grocery stores probably have them.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    You might consider doing something like Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer dvds which provides a bunch of 10 minute cardio segments that you can string together to make up a longer workout. It's a really good way to get started and make exercise a habit rather than a chore.

I'm doing Turbo Fire myself which I love. High intensity intervals combined with cardio kickboxing, calisthenics, strength training, and stretching workouts. Those run between 30 minutes and 60 minutes but every single one is so much fun!

Hope you find the right workouts. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!
    Sharon
  • animefreak2010
    Options
    i'm new too!!!!!!!!!!
  • kellyj994
    Options
    Hello !
    I am also a new member. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guy !

Welcome to you both! Let me know if I can answer any specific questions you might have!

Best of luck.
    Sharon