is doing 30 day shred worth it?

Options
i want to do that workout but would like to know your opinions on whether it provides results or not. i dont care about pounds, i want to lose inches :)

Replies

• jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm on L2Day8 and i LOVE it! I did not like working out, and now i feel frustrated on days when i can't! I was also super unfit, struggled through the first few days of each level and have noticed that they get increasinly easier. I enjoy the challenge, i like how it's under 30 mins yet still feels like a tough workout and i liek challenging myself on improving. It does get repetitive, but when i'm not in the mood to hear Jillian (or the awful background music) then i put her on mute and listen to my own playlist instead. I have noticed abs beginning to form, my arms and legs are also more defined. And the other day i tried on a pair of shorts that were SUPER tight on my (my thigh literally bulged out from beneath them) and now i can fit a couple of fingers in the gap of the shorts/thigh!! I'm sure it's not for everyone, but i defiantely suggest giving it a shot :)
  • ritornare
    ritornare Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I finished it on Tuesday and I was so happy with the results I got that yesterday I started Ripped in 30 (:
    Lost inches everywhere and now feel so much stronger and fitter, which is amazing in only 30 days!
  • jigglyone
    jigglyone Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I finished it on Tuesday and I was so happy with the results I got that yesterday I started Ripped in 30 (:
    Lost inches everywhere and now feel so much stronger and fitter, which is amazing in only 30 days!

wow!! that just makes me super motivated!! i am gonna do it starting today! thanks!
  • jigglyone
    Options
    I'm on L2Day8 and i LOVE it! I did not like working out, and now i feel frustrated on days when i can't! I was also super unfit, struggled through the first few days of each level and have noticed that they get increasinly easier. I enjoy the challenge, i like how it's under 30 mins yet still feels like a tough workout and i liek challenging myself on improving. It does get repetitive, but when i'm not in the mood to hear Jillian (or the awful background music) then i put her on mute and listen to my own playlist instead. I have noticed abs beginning to form, my arms and legs are also more defined. And the other day i tried on a pair of shorts that were SUPER tight on my (my thigh literally bulged out from beneath them) and now i can fit a couple of fingers in the gap of the shorts/thigh!! I'm sure it's not for everyone, but i defiantely suggest giving it a shot :)

wow!!! im gonna start today!!! thanks so much hun!
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I lost about 6 lb and 19inches total. The first couple of days sucked, but so worth it. Love the results
  • jigglyone
    Options
    I lost about 6 lb and 19inches total. The first couple of days sucked, but so worth it. Love the results

omg 19 inches!!!! great job and thanks for letting me know!!! cant wait to start!!!!
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    That's how I lost my weight!!
  • jigglyone
    Options
    That's how I lost my weight!!

wow!!! great job and thanks!!!
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    Omg if you do it right the results are priceless!!
    Done it before got some great definition
    Doing it again! Weight loss, fat loss, definition for sure!
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is on YouTube. I watched it there a few times and then bought it cause I liked it. I also just used soup cans until I was sure I wanted to spend money on small weights. I bought 5 lb weights but to do it again I would go 3 lb. I am quite fit now and have muscles but the 5 lbs are quite heavy for me still.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i've done it lost 5 pounds. i also did body revolution for a lose of 5 pound. i'm doing ripped in 30 and i'm almost done week 2. her videos are hard but so worth the results. she leaves me wanting to stay on the floor lol
  • honeylissabee
    honeylissabee Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels doesn't recommend 30DS. She says it's outdated, and that Ripped in 30 is a better workout.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    See, results will vary from person to person. I've tried it, and while it has it's good points- short, varied, bit of strength- it also has aspects I dislike- ugh those jumping jacks, didn't see very noticeable results.

So really, you can ask the question here on mfp, but you need to try it for yourself to see if it's good for YOU.
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I would say go with RI30 out of the two, it works you harder and you only do each level for 5/6 days instead of 10 which gets really boring!
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I think it works for certain people. I on the other hand only lost 3lbs and 4 inches on it.
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I had just had a baby when I did 30 DS so maybe that's why Iost so many inches. I loved it. I'm thinking about doing her kickboxing video
  • jigglyone
    Options
    Omg if you do it right the results are priceless!!
    Done it before got some great definition
    Doing it again! Weight loss, fat loss, definition for sure!

thanks hun :)
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Jillian's 30 Day Slimdown using three of her DVDs. Much cheaper than Body Revolution.
    Shorten the workouts to 20 mins to make it a 60 day challenge.

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • gypsycaravan
    Options
    It's a good program to kickstart an exercise regimen. It gets you in shape quickly and I think makes you more equipped for more challenging DVDs once you're finished with it. I've started it again, I see results already and I'm about 11 days in. Ripped in 30 is also really good, but it's more challenging than 30DS.. I would do that afterwards.
  • jigglyone
    Options
    It's a good program to kickstart an exercise regimen. It gets you in shape quickly and I think makes you more equipped for more challenging DVDs once you're finished with it. I've started it again, I see results already and I'm about 11 days in. Ripped in 30 is also really good, but it's more challenging than 30DS.. I would do that afterwards.

wow, thanks a bunch!