POLL: What do you binge on?

Options

Replies

• 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I don't binge.
    Me neither. As I commented on that other post, I have foods I love everyday and no longer feel deprived or have any urges to binge.
    I think for some people, binges aren't the result of over restriction, but rather difficult emotions. My approach is moderation, but I still have the occasional, unplanned binge. When this happens, it's not about the food; it's about my state of mind and emotions.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I binge on cereal. I usually allow for 2 servings, but sometimes i eat a serving dry before i even eat my 2 servings with milk. I know that dry serving is not going to fill the void in my stomach, so i do not know why i keep doing it. Its ok though because i usually do not eat back all my exercise calories and i end up in a deficit even now that i am in maintenance mode.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Cheese, candy, bread, pastries, chocolate. It's what I used to binge on. Not anymore really.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Wine... this had better not be an intervention. Hate when that happens!
  • kittycatmeowmeow
    kittycatmeowmeow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Potato chips! I cant have chips in the house because they call out to me and I can easily devour a big bag in no time.. one of my fav past times was eating a big bag of corn chips and reading a girly novel.. luckily after a few years I have managed to break the habit and now have a cup of tea :)

I luckily havent had a huge binge in a really long while..
  • lydiaannepage
    lydiaannepage Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I haven't "binged" since I started this, and don't plan on it - but in order, I could attack these by the bucket full on any given day...

Chocolate
    Cookies
    Cheese
    Potatoes
    Pasta
    Bread
    Alcohol

nom nom nom nom nom!!!
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You said I could add my own, so I'll just tell you the usual:

French Fries
    Chocolate
    Ice cream
    Pastries (I LOVE DONUTS)
    Peanut butter
    Crackers
    Mexican food

Yeah....omg I'm so hungry now lol!
  • sunshinenjjr
    sunshinenjjr Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Any sweets. But in particular ice cream. I'm trying a new approach since I joined mfp. Moderation in everything. Hopefully by binging days are over.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    OMG! I forgot the peanut butter!! :noway:
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I think there's a difference between binging and over-eating stuff you like. I think binging can be on anything and usually has an emotional trigger, you just open the fridge or the cupboard and start eating. (My friend once ate the sage and onion stuffing that she'd just made for the turkey when her boyfriend dumped her on Christmas Eve - that was definitely a binge!)
    Most of us that have posted seem to have portion control issues with certain tasty foods, we have to be careful because we know we could over indulge, I'm not sure that necessarily constitutes a binge?
  • nvaughn7
    nvaughn7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Potato Chips for sure.
    I just can't resist!
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Pizza
    Chocolate
    Cheescake
    Pasta
    Nuts

Everything

Now in the summer it is for sure Magnum Almond ice cream :-)
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Fried food T_T Chicken wings... calamari... fried chicken.... wah now I'm hungry
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Cakes, cookies, Twix bars.

If those in particular are within my grasp, I eat until there's none left and feel ashamed about it for up to a week later.
  • reginachapman35
    reginachapman35 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fried foods here!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I've ever really had a binge persey. I definitely have foods I find it hard to exercise portion control on; chips, chocolate, baked goods, butter etc. Fatty foods seem to do me in!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Don't really binge, but biggest food weaknesses....

Cheese, homemade cookies, salty meat like jerky, bacon, sausages, etc
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Don't binge anymore. :smile:
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Nuts
    Nut butters
    Trailmix
    Any sweets
    Grapes
    Baby carrots
    Pretzels
    crackers/chips
    sesame sticks
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I don't binge.
    Me neither. As I commented on that other post, I have foods I love everyday and no longer feel deprived or have any urges to binge.
    I think for some people, binges aren't the result of over restriction, but rather difficult emotions. My approach is moderation, but I still have the occasional, unplanned binge. When this happens, it's not about the food; it's about my state of mind and emotions.

Good point. Everyone has different struggles.