Oatmeal

Options
13»

Replies

• merflan
    merflan Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I add egg whites when I'm cooking my steel cut oats I make a big pot on Sunday and it lasts 4 days. . I would stay away from instant oatmeal, it may not be any better than what you are eating for breakfast now. Dr. Oz once said that instant oatmeal was like eating a white potato.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I whip banana slices into my rolled oats with almond milk and top it off with some sugar free maple syrup and cinnamon. This morning I also added frozen strawberries on top. So yummy. :) Of course, can't forget about peanut butter.
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    I either put in diced apples or bananas prior to cooking it. Once it is cooked, I add in lots of cinnamon and two packets of truvia sweetener and it's really good!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    1 sliced Banana, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/4 c. almond milk
    Dried cherries

I also like steel cut oats better than rolled oats. They have a nice nutty flavor.
  • jackal75
    Options
    I am losing weight rather well on having either instant oatmeal or Multigrain Cheerios in the morning. The Quaker tastes great, but the better choice for instant is Better Oat's "Oatmeal Revolution" packets. They have flax seed and not nearly as much bad stuff. The price point is actually the same or less than the Quaker, and it's way better for you.
  • rstring
    rstring Posts: 35
    Options
    Light brown sugar and a pat of butter