Starbucks just opened where I live, what to get?

Options
2»

Replies

• arc8706
    Options
    I like the white chocolate mochas and the pumpkin spice latte when they are selling it. I don't really worry about the calorie counts at starbucks because I might go 4 times a year or less. Too expensive when I can brew some coffee at home that's just as good and drink it black with a packet of stevia powder for essentially zero calories.

I like coffee though.
  • Cass0422
    Cass0422 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Skinny peppermint mocha - 1/2 as many pumps of peppermint - or a skinny vanilla latte! Mmmmm.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Skinny drinks are lowest in calories (sugar-free syrup, no whipped cream, and skim milk), but I treat myself to the regular ones (with soy milk because I can't have dairy) only occasionally because I try to avoid artificial sweeteners. To cut calories, I usually get a double tall. It has an extra shot of espresso, so there is less room for milk. I suppose a double short (the smallest size) would be even better.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My starbucks standard is a grande vanilla soy latte. Nothing too fancy, but its more calories than I like in my coffee.

so mostly I just brew at home and drink it black.
  • StormSparks1994
    StormSparks1994 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Get a Pumpkin Spice Latte. It is heaven!
  • Chrisdoc1984
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to really enjoy filter (especially starbucks), and don't like the fancy stuff

5kcal a cup and I'm happy :D
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to buy Starbucks all the time. Now I can't really reason spending the money when I have coffee carts.

But my trick (taught to me by a friend who is recovering from an ED but the trick's still valid) is to get an iced coffee and ask for a sugar-free flavor shot (peppermint, vanilla, hazelnut, etc). Then you can add skim milk and sweetener if you like.

Half the price of a skinny drink and pretty damn tasty!
  • stryla
    stryla Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love to get earl grey tea latte. Their online calculator shows it to be about 160 calories with 2% milk.