What do you love now that you've lost weight?

Options
Broejen
Broejen Posts: 413 Member
I love that I can feel my bones now, especially my hips because there was so much fat in that area.

Replies

• HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Oh, nice question. I love that I can wear size 10 jeans!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I love looking in the mirror and at photos of myself and feeling proud, not ashamed. I love feeling truly flattered instead of uncomfortable when someone compliments me. I love how energetic I feel and how easily I can run and climb mountains and stairs. I love wearing clothes that actually speak for who I am rather than wearing whatever fits out of necessity. I love feeling at peace with myself instead of at odds.
  • MakingApril
    Options
    Since I've lost 30 pounds I love my smile, I used to hate it. I don't know why I like it now, maybe because I feel more proud of myself :laugh:
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love not feeling out of control around food. I love not having to huff and puff when I go up a flight of stairs. I noticed today at church that I don't have to use the pew in front of me to hoist myself up during mass - I love that! I love shopping in the regular section at the store. Mostly, I find that I love life. :) Happy Thanksgiving! This year I am truly thankful!
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I love my lab numbers and awesome read-outs at the blood pressure machines.
    I love the spring in my step and added energy.
    I love getting back into the clothes I've saved.
    I love being eager to do fitness events again.
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love that I can walk. I love that I can stand to take a shower. I love that I can stand to do the dishes. I love being able to play with my nieces and nephews.
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I love my increased self confidence... I have become more outgoing and friendly! It is also a plus to fit in a skinny seat on the bus!
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Being able to try on clothes and find things that I know look good on me.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love that I am looking forward to Thanksgiving because I won't feel like I'm too fat to eat.
    I love that I have to keep pulling old clothes out of storage because nothing in my closet fits anymore.
    I love that this all feels sustainable now. It didn't when I started, everything seemed overwhelming and working out felt like work. Now working out feels fun, and counting calories is so easy (especially since I eat the same things 5-6 days/week, so I don't have to bother logging it in).
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love being able to chase my kids around in the garden or on the field. I'm also kind of addicted to buying new clothes since losing the weight.

Most of all, I like that I can control my eating habits so that I don't end up where I used to be.
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I'm in control of my choices
    I can feel bones for the first time
    I can run faster
    I have more energy
    I have bettered myself in other ways because of my weight loss
    More confidence
    Walking into a store knowing something will now fit me properly
  • greattimes
    greattimes Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Love the fact I can wear size 6. Also that my husband likes to pinch my butt when I walk past. I won't tell him that.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I love being able to see my collar bones! I've always thought that was sexy on a woman, although I've never been able to see mine until this last year. :D I also love being able to meet my goals when I challenge my self, I'm like holy crap! I did it! :D Lol.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I'm also kind of addicted to buying new clothes since losing the weight.

Me too! I still have about 35lbs to go, but I go out looking for clothes all the time. I used to hate shopping since nothing ever looked good on me.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I love;

Wearing a size 6
    Calling myself a runner
    My smile, I never used to smile
    My new found confidence (I went to a singles mixer alone Saturday)
    When I get dressed just grabbing what ever
    Freedom In not having to wear what camouflages trouble areas the best

I was a healthy obese person lab wise and vital signs wise, or I would have that on top of my list.
  • SheridanLT
    SheridanLT Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Size 10 pants.
    Not hiding from the camera.
    All my bones are coming out!
    The fact that I have bones!!
    Not worrying about what I am going to wear to certain events.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure
    easier breathing
    bending over to tie shoes without the :umph" noise
    feeling more energetic than I have in years
    CLOTHES!!
    Starting to see my body underneath all this again, and feeling the muscles underneath moving as I workout
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Closer hugs from my children <3
    More energy
    I love my new found muscles :)
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love not being completely self conscious or embarrassed when my boyfriend touches my stomach or lifts me up
  • Shreddingit84
    Options
    My breast cuz they look big now that im smaller!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!